Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to install a pioneer single din radio in the big slot in the dash. Anyone have any advice on mounting it? Or maybe get a double don since the a lot is so large?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wanting to install a pioneer single din radio in the big slot in the dash. Anyone have any advice on mounting it? Or maybe get a double don since the a lot is so large?
A double DIN will not leave much meat around the mounting plate, I would stay with Single DIN, I make and sell radio mounts for these, $35 shipped, here are a couple I have for Single DIN radios

·
Registered
166 Posts
Agree.. find some good oval head or flat screws being careful not to stress them much as there easily stripped on the soft dash plastic.. I mounted my rugged com set radios on a double hole dash plate from Deranged similar to these.. but as many time as I anticipate to have to get into the dash I just used oval head machine screws and small lock nuts behind. Now take the center dash out as an assembly.. I no longer have access to the two push pins behind the radio. but they were so sloppy to start with I found a 5/16" coarse thread bolts screw nicely into the holes where the push pins were making two guide pins to support the middle of the dash assembly....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts