Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanting to install a pioneer single din radio in the big slot in the dash. Anyone have any advice on mounting it? Or maybe get a double don since the a lot is so large?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wanting to install a pioneer single din radio in the big slot in the dash. Anyone have any advice on mounting it? Or maybe get a double don since the a lot is so large?
A double DIN will not leave much meat around the mounting plate, I would stay with Single DIN, I make and sell radio mounts for these, $35 shipped, here are a couple I have for Single DIN radios

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A double DIN will not leave much meat around the mounting plate, I would stay with Single DIN, I make and sell radio mounts for these, $35 shipped, here are a couple I have for Single DIN radios View attachment 498 View attachment 499
Wow this looks great, how do these mount to the rig as well as how does the din radio secure?

·
Registered
333 Posts
Agree.. find some good oval head or flat screws being careful not to stress them much as there easily stripped on the soft dash plastic.. I mounted my rugged com set radios on a double hole dash plate from Deranged similar to these.. but as many time as I anticipate to have to get into the dash I just used oval head machine screws and small lock nuts behind. Now take the center dash out as an assembly.. I no longer have access to the two push pins behind the radio. but they were so sloppy to start with I found a 5/16" coarse thread bolts screw nicely into the holes where the push pins were making two guide pins to support the middle of the dash assembly....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts