Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a muffler available for the KRX that is quieter than stock without compromising power? I just purchased the 2021 Trails Edition and my wife says it is too loud. Also, I would like to make it more stealthy for hunting.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
A lot of the sound is engine / belt noise, not exhaust noise...........but you could always fab up a second muffler that would go horizontal across the machine and slip over factory exhaust outlet (for hunting)

I pulled my primary spring and yes it quiets it down some as you're not over-reving

·
Registered
153 Posts
Electric is probably the only true quiet machine, but then again i would rather be noisy and carry an extra rotopax to get me back in some situations also 🤷🏼‍♂️. I would recommend either in car communications or rear window and even full cab enclosure. Thinking we are going for rear window real quick and soft top doors, especially for winter and that will quiet up cab some.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got a vacuum hose out and put it up to me ear and moved all around the engine bay. Pretty much it is all coming from the clutch exhaust tube. I need to line the cover on top of the bed in the front, a lot of noise getting through there and around the ends by the cold air intakes. Then also line the inside passenger side and I should see some good reduction. Already quieter on the drivers side. I added a thick pad to the air cleaner cover inside about 1/2" of dense foam. A little weight but that is wide open to the engine bay. Definite minor improvement. Then there is that big gap where the wire pass through the firewall in the back. Have to cover that yet.

·
Registered
351 Posts
So I definitely found a great way to reduce a good amount of engine and clutch noise. I lined the inside of the "hinged" cover that is directly behind the head rest with two layers sound deadening material and also lined the gaps at the ends with more Silex foam and made a BIG difference. Can only hear the sound down low now. I will try and line the end of the clutch vent tube with Silex foam on the inside or egg crate. Just dont want to block off air flow and potentially overheat my belt. Best bang for buck is line the cover with deadening material. Totally hidden too

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So I definitely found a great way to reduce a good amount of engine and clutch noise. I lined the inside of the "hinged" cover that is directly behind the head rest with two layers sound deadening material and also lined the gaps at the ends with more Silex foam and made a BIG difference. Can only hear the sound down low now. I will try and line the end of the clutch vent tube with Silex foam on the inside or egg crate. Just dont want to block off air flow and potentially overheat my belt. Best bang for buck is line the cover with deadening material. Totally hidden too
Got any pics of what you've done

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.