Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2020 krx 1000
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, so far total disappointment. I put the new Aftermarket assassins clutch weight and spring kit in followed all the directions for my application. they worked well for the first 5 miles then it started slipping real bad almost like the tires were spinning every time i took off from start. so I went back in took one of the weights out it got a little better so i took the other suggested weight out it got a little better for about 5 mile then started doing the same thing. I'm waiting to hear back from there customer service to try and remedy the problem. I will update when I hear from them. Has anybody else had any issues with them and if so what was your fix?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I thought I read something similar and the person installed them backward??? Just chiming in... not much help but have been interested in the Assasins' kit myself...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Well, so far total disappointment. I put the new Aftermarket assassins clutch weight and spring kit in followed all the directions for my application. they worked well for the first 5 miles then it started slipping real bad almost like the tires were spinning every time i took off from start. so I went back in took one of the weights out it got a little better so i took the other suggested weight out it got a little better for about 5 mile then started doing the same thing. I'm waiting to hear back from there customer service to try and remedy the problem. I will update when I hear from them. Has anybody else had any issues with them and if so what was your fix?
was that with an old belt or a new one? I put in the RCOR weights/PV3 Tune with my 1900 mile belt and it started slipping. New belt fixed it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have lots to learn on my new machine. Had this been a RZR I'd suggest your spider nut came loose.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've dealt with AA with my XP Turbo, and as I've been looking into clutch kits for the KRX. Their customer service has been great, and I really liked their tune on my RZR. I bet they'll be able to diagnose and fix the issue. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am running the Aftermarket Assassins clutch kit and it is running great! I put about 40 miles the other day and it got rid of the shifting, and made the mid range acceleration much better! I went through a range of areas from tall hill climbs to sandy washes. So far so good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts