Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seeking the advice of forum members on where best to locate my Rugged Radios headphone receptacle ("Dual Headset Jack Flush Mount")

My candidate location is this (blue box in photo) in between the seats; please forgive the dirt:

It seems easy to get to, and a convenient location for the headset cables to hang down without getting in the way.

What are your thoughts? Do you have other recommendations?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
That’s where I put mine. Just make sure during the install, you take the time to secure all the cords to the side of the center console. You don’t want anything getting caught up in any moving parts.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Another note. If I remember correctly, I was going to use small bolts with nuts to secure the double jack plug they have and after drilling the holes and going to the underside, I couldn't fit the nuts in there. It was too close to the sides. Wound up using screws into the plastic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One more question for the group: where do you put the intercom itself? I have a 364. I'm considering putting it in the "roof" of the open console, with either the mounting brackets (screwed into the roof) or with command strips. This will require drilling a hole in the back of the center console for the wires to pass through.

Is that a good idea, or is there a better spot?

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,025 Posts
One more question for the group: where do you put the intercom itself? I have a 364. I'm considering putting it in the "roof" of the open console, with either the mounting brackets (screwed into the roof) or with command strips. This will require drilling a hole in the back of the center console for the wires to pass through.

Is that a good idea, or is there a better spot?
That’s exactly the way I did it. It’s pretty straight forward using the brackets that come with it. I didn’t want to use a plate that covered that entire storage pocket, as I have the rubber tray and net, and use that area to put stuff.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up putting the headphone jacks here:

It was super easy to install by completely removing that panel from the KRX.

And I put the intercom here:

I know the passenger can't hit the PTT, but we don't have a radio, and if I ever put one in, in will be an Amateur 2m/440MHz, and most of my potential passengers don't have a license :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts