Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added the Trinity slip-on exhaust and my ECU is shipped to VFJohn right now. I was wondering if any has heard of how much added horse power the combination adds to the machine?

·
Registered
2020 KRX
267 Posts
Yea I love his Stage II tune. Even with 35's it feels more powerful all around.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I added the Trinity slip-on exhaust and my ECU is shipped to VFJohn right now. I was wondering if any has heard of how much added horse power the combination adds to the machine?
It’s only about 8-10 hp. Taking the delay out of the fly by wire pedal is what really makes the difference

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
pulling the primary spring helps the engine get into a higher gear quicker too. love the lower rpms and noise too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Please let me know how it works out after putting some miles on the motor. I was gonna do a VF John tune, but one of the Kawasaki reps at the local dealer I bought my KRX from said he’s had 3 different units come in with blown engines from those tunes. Also, a guy in Arizona that I’m having do some work on mine said he just had to re-tune one because there’s was clouds of smoke coming from his customers tail pipe. I hope the best, man. Hopefully he has everything dialed in now. I did hear it’s an incredible change, though!

·
Registered
2020 KRX
267 Posts
Please let me know how it works out after putting some miles on the motor. I was gonna do a VF John tune, but one of the Kawasaki reps at the local dealer I bought my KRX from said he’s had 3 different units come in with blown engines from those tunes. Also, a guy in Arizona that I’m having do some work on mine said he just had to re-tune one because there’s was clouds of smoke coming from his customers tail pipe. I hope the best, man. Hopefully he has everything dialed in now. I did hear it’s an incredible change, though!
Tons of folks running vforce john's tunes. He does solid work and I highly doubt this story about a tech saying they have seen 3 blown engines from his tunes...

·
Registered
299 Posts
Tons of folks running vforce john's tunes. He does solid work and I highly doubt this story about a tech saying they have seen 3 blown engines from his tunes...
I completely agree. His tunes seem to be recommended about 10:1 to all others. I usually underestimate how stupid people can be, but I don't think three people would admit to dealers they blew an engine while running tunes. I did know a tuner years ago that was burning up engines and it was all over every forum about that engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I’m not lying, I’m just relaying what I’ve heard from 2 different people. You can call me a liar, but I have nothing to gain or to lose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I completely agree. His tunes seem to be recommended about 10:1 to all others. I usually underestimate how stupid people can be, but I don't think three people would admit to dealers they blew an engine while running tunes. I did know a tuner years ago that was burning up engines and it was all over every forum about that engine.
Listen, from what I gather this was happening to California made units. I don’t know about the units back East. I was told that’s why he stopped doing any until he got his hands on more units made from California. I would imagine when they got into a warrantied unit they would look for the reasons why it failed. You can doubt me all you want, but that’s what I was told by a couple people that worked there and someone from Arizona. If they’re all lying, I don’t know their reason. I’d like to get one because I heard it’s incredible. But I was just asking around at the dealer I purchased my KRX from and a tech down in Arizona I heard is doing great things.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,256 Posts
I’d be curious to see exactly what went wrong with those motors. Besides emission BS, and some tuning, the motors are the same as the non-Cali models. I know there are a few rumors floating around of tunes done by other people that have caused some serious issues, but none from V-force.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts