Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
'21 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Following their YouTube video for instructions, started by myself with hand tools and a floor jack. All went well till I pulled the bolts on the upper radius rods. I had left the wheels on and thewere to heavy to handle by myself. I took the wheels off and was able to get the drivers side done but the passenger side was not cooperating. Could not hold the assembly up with one hand while directing the radius rod and trying to get the bolt in. Was just about to give up and find some help when the light 💡 bulb appeared above my head and I realized I had a rear bumper and ratchet straps. A few minutes later and I was torquing everything down.

Have not done much backyard wrenching in a long time and at one point I was an airplane mechanic.

Nice to see the ideas are flowing again.

Barry

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
603 Posts
Pics?

·
Premium Member
'21 KRX 1000 Trail Edition
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not real big on pics though I guess I could take one tomorrow and post.

I should have taken a pic of using the strap but that would have meant getting up, finding the phone, losing my place , tripping over the floor jack, cussing at the dog and swallowing my cigar. So none taken of that. 😉

Barry

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
603 Posts
Sounds about right. Much easier to work without taking pics

·
Registered
2022 KRX
9 Posts
Maybe a weird question. But do you feel the hole for the cross-pin is in the right spot? I really wish I had ordered this one. I put the EMP unit on, found the Full Access one later, and liked the more finished look of it. But the EMP unit arrived, I bolted it up, and started scratching my head. I never took a measurement of it, but for some reason, the EMP hitch has the pin hole too far rearward. I use 2 hitches regularly--one with a step, and one with a 2" ball for moving my trailer around. They both stick out way more than they need to. And there's tons of clearance on the front side--no idea why they are like this.

So, have you noticed this with the Full Access hitch? It looks in the picture like your step fits exactly as it should. I'm cussing myself because I didn't look closely, and the solution is probably to unbolt the EMP hitch, take it to the drill press, and figure out how to hold onto the awkward shaped thing to punch new holes.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I went with the super atv receiver and stacked 4 pieces of 2x6 blocks on the floor jack to get the tires just touching the ground and then just minor tweaking with a pry bar on the tire to align the bolts.
I then had to notch the cross bar on the bumper to get that to fit

1 - 11 of 14 Posts