Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, the absolute garbage that’s being tossed around the interwebs for advice is just sad. This post I read is in regards to removing the Cali emission stuff from the KRX......
Was told program is the same, just couple items above. No smog items like cars. Just evaporator canister and venting for tank. Take those off and change ECU then scratch a few letters off serial numbers on KRX.
Just scratch a few letters off your serial numbers??? WTF??😳😳 This basement garage monkey is advising people to alter the serial number. Good luck trying to sell or register that thing. 🤪

·
Registered
132 Posts
Wow! That looks familiar, i had asked about removing the California emissions crap and if it had been done. Can't remember where. I'm in Arkansas and didn't know I was getting a Cali model. My reason for inquiring about was if the extra emissions cause it to run lean and possibly a loss of power.
Definitely take all online advice with a grain of salt!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Man, the absolute garbage that’s being tossed around the interwebs for advice is just sad. This post I read is in regards to removing the Cali emission stuff from the KRX......

Just scratch a few letters off your serial numbers??? WTF??😳😳 This basement garage monkey is advising people to alter the serial number. Good luck trying to sell or register that thing. 🤪

I have to believe that was an attempt at a joke.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
Anyone that would alter their VIN deserves what they get afterwards. Anyone who is old enough to purchase one of these things is old enough to know you DON'T alter the VIN. Shoot, I learned that when I was 13-14 years old working on bicycles.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Guys.. i have no idea what the context of the convo was or who said it... BUT I read it to mean they’re trying to send their ecu for a tune and whomever is tuning it won’t do a cali model. So the suggestion to scratch numbers off is in regards to the serial number on the ecu.. not the vin number on the KRX.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Guys.. i have no idea what the context of the convo was or who said it... BUT I read it to mean they’re trying to send their ecu for a tune and whomever is tuning it won’t do a cali model. So the suggestion to scratch numbers off is in regards to the serial number on the ecu.. not the vin number on the KRX.
It was in regards to gutting the emission equipment out of a Cali model and turning it into a 49 state.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Just curious. Do they have smog police and scheduled emissions testing/inspections for UTVs in CA yet? Couldn't one just order a out of state ECU and be done with it? Modifications to serial numbers sounds like tweaker thinking to me. LOL, my little brother has not one, but 2, street legal CR500s registered in CA. Autistic engineer type he is. Can't really ride em on the street because it's nearly impossible to take off on pavement without some front wheel lift=instant display of speed ticket.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts