Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after adding a Trinity Stage 5 to my KRX i never really liked how the outlet looked. a trip to my local exhaust shop and i procured a piece of aluminized exhaust tubing with just the right bend in it, then a trip to hardware store for some stainless allen bolts/washers and lock nuts, finished off with a brushing using a fine scotch brite pad and it was done. looks good and i think it mellowed out the sound some, along with less popping on decel. all in all, a success for less than $30.

what's kind of puzzling to me is: the Trinity exhaust for RZR's and Mavericks already has a similiar outlet pipe.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Way, way better! Great job! Plus, the sound is now directed toward the ground.

Reactions: FJ80MAN

·
Registered
398 Posts
So after adding a Trinity Stage 5 to my KRX i never really liked how the outlet looked. a trip to my local exhaust shop and i procured a piece of aluminized exhaust tubing with just the right bend in it, then a trip to hardware store for some stainless allen bolts/washers and lock nuts, finished off with a brushing using a fine scotch brite pad and it was done. looks good and i think it mellowed out the sound some, along with less popping on decel. all in all, a success for less than $30.

what's kind of puzzling to me is: the Trinity exhaust for RZR's and Mavericks already has a similiar outlet pipe.

View attachment 3212 View attachment 3213 View attachment 3214
great idea I was looking into somthing like that for my trinity to direct down a bit for those behind me, I have it off right now so easy to take it to the muffler shop. Looks good too!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
great idea I was looking into somthing like that for my trinity to direct down a bit for those behind me, I have it off right now so easy to take it to the muffler shop. Looks good too!
ask them if they have the aluminized pipe like i found (it was just happenstance my local muffler shop had that piece and it was aluminized)..... keeps it from rusting......

·
Registered
997 Posts
Will do. Fyi I did a trinity tune and backfire pop almost gone. Call trinity for download if wanted.
They charge $99? My bud has the Trinity full exhaust and bought the PV3 with a tune on it. I already have the PV3 and if I went Trinity then I'd want their tune to go with it. I called them and even after spending $850-$1000 they wanna charge you another $100 for their tune.... FUNK DAT!

My bud's sounds good. I hear people trash talk online but I love the tone. Not too loud at all either, following him with the quiet core.

·
Registered
398 Posts
They charge $99? My bud has the Trinity full exhaust and bought the PV3 with a tune on it. I already have the PV3 and if I went Trinity then I'd want their tune to go with it. I called them and even after spending $850-$1000 they wanna charge you another $100 for their tune.... FUNK DAT!

My bud's sounds good. I hear people trash talk online but I love the tone. Not too loud at all either, following him with the quiet core.
Yes that is fact, I have a pv3 and play with tunes. Lost track of $$$ spent on toys. 😆 🤣

·
Registered
398 Posts
Honestly looking back the Pv3 was not a great investment. All tunes do very little in my riding style and the factory tune was fine. Don't know till you try. Made a difference with Maverick doing a tune clutch work etc. but not so much with Krx. Built from factory to do what they are built for. Not a speed demon or a sand demon.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Honestly looking back the Pv3 was not a great investment. All tunes do very little in my riding style and the factory tune was fine. Don't know till you try. Made a difference with Maverick doing a tune clutch work etc. but not so much with Krx. Built from factory to do what they are built for. Not a speed demon or a sand demon.
For myself in the desert the ability to kick the cooling fans on earlier is worth it. Also, cancelling out the 30% power lockout in reverse is worth it. I just have a generic tune from Dynojet and feel it's worth it. As Michael Davis points out...

·
Registered
398 Posts
For myself in the desert the ability to kick the cooling fans on earlier is worth it. Also, cancelling out the 30% power lockout in reverse is worth it. I just have a generic tune from Dynojet and feel it's worth it. As Michael Davis points out...

Just different riding styles rocks and trails here very little dunes. I could see the help in the balls to the walls high heat regions.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts