Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing my new superATV winch over the last couple days and got to the part where you run the blue and yellow cables from the battery box to the winch. I pulled the pins, unscrewed the screws and basically did my best to disassemble the machine. I ran them per a popular install video, however I noticed out of the corner of my eye a small gray tube. I looked closer and saw:

An empty piece of electrical tubing, I got to wondering and went to the front of the machine, and guess what I saw?

The other end!! Sure enough I routed the blue and yellow from the battery box to the front of the machine and...

Voila!!!

I did some searching, but it is hard to search something like this in a forum. I did come across the official Kawasaki winch install video (which is basically worthless by the way) and it does show them using this pre installed tubing, so not as secret as I thought. Couple of tips for using it:

Wrap the ends of the wires together
Wrap the wires together to give more rigidity
Consider lubing the front of wires as you pass them through
Start from the battery box area, there was an angle that was closer to this end and easier to push past with the shorter distance

Many of you may know of this little secret, but I did not and thus wanted to share. May save you a few push pins and metal screws, and a little time.

Has anyone else out there done this?

·
Registered
108 Posts
that is cool ya found it.... i think the Kawasaki winch install video covers it...but man was it ever a mofo to get the cables threaded through there.... even used electricians wire pulling lube and staggered the ends before taping them and still had a hell of a time. had to have a helper "push" the cables as i pulled with a wire.....

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,478 Posts
All machines should come with this tube installed on them. Somewhere on this forum I discussed this and posted a couple of pictures back when I installed my winch.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is cool ya found it.... i think the Kawasaki winch install video covers it...but man was it ever a mofo to get the cables threaded through there.... even used electricians wire pulling lube and staggered the ends before taping them and still had a hell of a time. had to have a helper "push" the cables as i pulled with a wire.....
I did not do the difficulty level justice, but yes you are correct. For me the trick was going from battery to winch and it was much easier this way. I did not have any electricians wire, but I think that would have made it a little easier.

·
Registered
2021 Kawasaki KRX 1000eS
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
All machines should come with this tube installed on them. Somewhere on this forum I discussed this and posted a couple of pictures back when I installed my winch.
LOL it appears I stumbled across a "secret" most everyone else knew about. pretty par for the course!

·
Registered
488 Posts
I didn’t use mine because I ran my wires differently.. so I just keep used condoms and toenails in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts