Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are most folks running as far as uhmw a arm guards. I was planning on purchasing them from Trail Armor but I’d like a set that go up a little higher to give more protection to the cv boots.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
The Kawasaki OEM a arm guards are going to give you more cv boot protection than any others. They are just HMW, not UHMW so they aren't the sturdiest a arm protection, but mine have held up surprisingly well.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was thinking about these. They are aircraft aluminum. They look like they have the best boot protection from what I can tell. Also planning on getting their trailing arm guards.
They have rear boot/arm guards too but I don’t think they will work properly. I sent them an email and a link to how a 4 link trailing arm suspension works. They said they are sending it to their engineers/Designers. Check them out and let me know what y’all think.. T-Rex Racing 2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 Front A-Arm Guards

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T Rex do look like they have the most coverage and if they were uhmw I would get them. They aren’t too far from me, I may stop in and check them out in the next week or so

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hitting rocks with aluminum sounds like a gun going off. Might not matter as loud as the KRX is but I would prefer plastic

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
Those look very similar to the OEM Kawasaki guards. The coverage looks to be about the same. I too would never again buy aluminum skid plates or guards. It's not just the noise. They gouge and "stick" on rocks, they deform from taking hits making them extremely difficult to R&R, and they get razor sharp slits and slivers from use. I will NEVER go back to aluminum! ;)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
Here's a shot of the use mine had gotten as of last fall. Shows what the a arms would have looked like...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well think I might go UHMW now although I feel the T-Rex ones do look like more boot protection in my opinion and I like the holes in the bottom so mud and crap doesn’t build up in the guards as much. 🤔🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
T Rex is the only company I have seen that make rear A arm guards

·
Registered
52 Posts
UMHW is superior to aluminum in every way for skid plates.

I have the OEM kawi guards and they are doing fine.
Do the OEM A arm gaurds fit nice and tight? I ordered the Kemimoto ones off Amazon. The guards fit very nicely but the fasteners that hold the guard to the a arms would not tighten up enough to be 100% secure. You could literally move the a arm guard around and the fasteners no matter how tight you made them.I returned them to Amazon

·
Registered
299 Posts
Do the OEM A arm gaurds fit nice and tight? I ordered the Kemimoto ones off Amazon. The guards fit very nicely but the fasteners that hold the guard to the a arms would not tighten up enough to be 100% secure. You could literally move the a arm guard around and the fasteners no matter how tight you made them.I returned them to Amazon
Yes. Mine have on for over 1000 miles and haven't moved or came loose.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,467 Posts
Yes. The four clamps on each guard hold them solidly in place. They will not come loose or move around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts