Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed on a ride this past weekend I took that I've started to develop some play in the lower a arm bushings. As it's a wear item it's to be expected, I am just a little surprised to see it so soon. Just curious if any one else has seen this as well.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
898 Posts
I’m glad you asked, I’m following. This is my second machine with pivot points that don’t have grease fittings. My other ride is a Wolverine X2 with 3200 miles 450 hours on the stock bushings.

Reactions: Alex

·
Registered
131 Posts
Just noticed on a ride this past weekend I took that I've started to develop some play in the lower a arm bushings. As it's a wear item it's to be expected, I am just a little surprised to see it so soon. Just curious if any one else has seen this as well.
This is what l am also talking about when l was talking about the clutch weights. We all know that its a wearable part but it should last alot longer then what they have been. l have 6000 miles on mine n no l have absolutely no play in any of my bushings. Suspension is nice n tight yet. l wished these new machines would have grease zerts n l am thinking l may put them in just because when ur in the water, sand, mud whatever when l greased them on my YXZ u can see the grease pushing all that crap out. So when or if l ever have to replace my bushings l will install the zerts then. How many miles do u have on ur KRX?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
l just saw its over 500 miles n 6 months ago lol, l just got up from my senior nap lol. What did u ever do with ur bushings?
Who dont like naps right? lol after I noticed I had a little bit of play in my lower driver's side, a few days later I did some more checking an all the others seemed to still be tight. Then I noticed a slight crease/bend in my lower a arm like I must've hit something. So I ain't sure if I cracked a bushing (I'f that's even possible) and wondered if that could be the cause of the play. Anyways I decided to just keep an eye on it to see if it got worse. I'm now at 1000 miles an also run 35's an I can't see where it's gotten any worse. An my others still seem to be tight as well.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And yes I agree I also own a first gen maverick turbo an it has grease fittings all over it, I thought that was a good idea that can am did that

·
Registered
2021 KRX1000 BLUE
176 Posts
With the newer plastic being a self lubricating plastic it is cutting out the need for grease fittings like on joints that have the rubber bushings or just metal on metal. I don't know if that's what we got but I know of some suspension components on other vehicles that have gone that route.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Who dont like naps right? lol after I noticed I had a little bit of play in my lower driver's side, a few days later I did some more checking an all the others seemed to still be tight. Then I noticed a slight crease/bend in my lower a arm like I must've hit something. So I ain't sure if I cracked a bushing (I'f that's even possible) and wondered if that could be the cause of the play. Anyways I decided to just keep an eye on it to see if it got worse. I'm now at 1000 miles an also run 35's an I can't see where it's gotten any worse. An my others still seem to be tight as well.
If u did hit something n if ur a-arm is bent sounds like u may have more stress on that 1 bushing because of the bend in the a-arm. when u go to replace that bushing someday l would consider replacing the a-arm as well, But l am sure u thought of that. lol

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If u did hit something n if ur a-arm is bent sounds like u may have more stress on that 1 bushing because of the bend in the a-arm. when u go to replace that bushing someday l would consider replacing the a-arm as well, But l am sure u thought of that. lol
That would be my guess too. If I remember right I checked on that lower arm when I noticed it an it was around $200 I believe. Kinda decided well it's already screwed up I'll have to replace the a arm anyways I'm gonna ride it out an see what happens. One cold winter day I'll get around to replacing it I reckon lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.