Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

New KRX owner here and new to the forum! I just picked up my tire rack, after waiting for a small eternity for the thing... I went to install it and noticed there appears to be a part missing, the cover for the latching mechanism. I found the little push handle in the bottom of the box... almost appears as if someone harvested this one for the part and even put the screws back.... Has anyone experienced this? Am I missing something? The dealer said they would have to wait until Monday to look into it... I just drove two hours to pick this thing up and they are on back order for who knows how long... quite frustrating lol.

Thanks!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome to the forum and welcome to the world of buying Kawi accessories. The handle on those always blow apart,,, video on YT about it. Some have had good luck but every and I mean every genuine Kawi add on I have bought had need bent, straightened, tapped out or filed. nothing fits right. I would send it back and buy something else honestly

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,257 Posts
Welcome. You’ll have to forgive Supertramp, he pissed off a fortune teller somewhere and she put a curse on him. I on the other hand have had good luck with all the accessories I bought. But, with that being said, I would return it, and get a Tusk tire carrier. You will have an extremely hard time getting that missing piece, and will probably grow old and grey waiting for a replacement.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome. You’ll have to forgive Supertramp, he pissed off a fortune teller somewhere and she put a curse on him. I on the other hand have had good luck with all the accessories I bought. But, with that being said, I would return it, and get a Tusk tire carrier. You will have an extremely hard time getting that missing piece, and will probably grow old and grey waiting for a replacement.
Sooo basically what I said :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine was damaged in shipping. That was February 4th. Good luck getting a new one. Still waiting on Rocky Mountain ATV to send a new one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ouch. Thanks guys, I will have to get it back to the dealer I guess. Wont be able to get a replacement, as I had one on back order for quite a while until I found a dealer that happened to have one. Anyone know for a online retailer in Canada that keeps the Tusk stuff in stock? The last time I ordered it had to be imported from US and it took forever...

·
Registered
642 Posts
From my experience its a very weak design. The latching system is more suited for a kids toy box. Mine has failed twice in the locked down position. This is a complete PITA to deal with if you have a tight fitting cargo box in the back. The actuating T handle is helped by some graphite. I carry "latch fail" tools in the glove box because if it fails locked down you can't get to your tool box underneath! Next time it fails the latching mechanism will be gutted and replaced with a ratchet strap. This is what I did when my first one blew up after a whopping 1/2 mile of use. It actually works quite well. I'm only sticking with this design failure because some shoulder damage makes lifting the spare real hard some days.

Dump it if possible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts