Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

4wd Not Engaging and Rear Axle Issues

10K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Rocky Heap 
#1 ·
Hey guys. New to the forum but have been browsing your discussions for a while.

Recently bought a new KRX 1000. Not even 5 hours out of break in period and 4WD would not engage while on a trip to ride WV and Kentucky. To make matters worse, on my way back to camp a rear axle pulled out of the final gear. Not off to a great start with this machine. Supposed to be built like a tank and is one reason I bought it. Hope it is something stupid that happened off the production line and nothing major.

Dropped it off at the dealer and will keep this updated. Not sure if anyone else had this issue yet. Didn't see a thread.

#3 ·

Recently bought a new KRX 1000. Not even 5 hours out of break in period and 4WD would not engage while on a trip to ride WV and Kentucky. To make matters worse, on my way back to camp a rear axle pulled out of the final gear. Not off to a great start with this machine. Supposed to be built like a tank and is one reason I bought it. Hope it is something stupid that happened off the production line and nothing major.

Dropped it off at the dealer and will keep this updated. Not sure if anyone else had this issue yet. Didn't see a thread.
From my understanding Kawasaki has been very solid in fixing stuff like this, you should be in good hands.

#5 ·

I have trouble with difflock on my 2020. My friend has the same problem. Sometimes it goes into difflock right away other times not untill I fool with the switch. The dealer says it is a breakin issue. I have almost 500 miles and it hasn't gotten better. Let me know if they fix the issue on yours

#14 ·
Bought mine in March 2020 and right after the warranty ran out my RR axle began popping in and out. No recall on my machine but fortunately Kawasaki has agreed to repair. New axle, differential parts totaling approximately $3k. Glad they are covering it but sad that I'll be out of a ride for at least two weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.