Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX1000
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. New to the forum but have been browsing your discussions for a while.

Recently bought a new KRX 1000. Not even 5 hours out of break in period and 4WD would not engage while on a trip to ride WV and Kentucky. To make matters worse, on my way back to camp a rear axle pulled out of the final gear. Not off to a great start with this machine. Supposed to be built like a tank and is one reason I bought it. Hope it is something stupid that happened off the production line and nothing major.

Dropped it off at the dealer and will keep this updated. Not sure if anyone else had this issue yet. Didn't see a thread.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup mine did it. Driver side rear. All fixed by Kawasaki. Great service/warranty. New axle. Claim is assembler didn't pop it in hard enough, poor training. Kawa is such stand up Co. Thank you.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey guys. New to the forum but have been browsing your discussions for a while.

Recently bought a new KRX 1000. Not even 5 hours out of break in period and 4WD would not engage while on a trip to ride WV and Kentucky. To make matters worse, on my way back to camp a rear axle pulled out of the final gear. Not off to a great start with this machine. Supposed to be built like a tank and is one reason I bought it. Hope it is something stupid that happened off the production line and nothing major.

Dropped it off at the dealer and will keep this updated. Not sure if anyone else had this issue yet. Didn't see a thread.
From my understanding Kawasaki has been very solid in fixing stuff like this, you should be in good hands.

·
Registered
2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX1000
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From my understanding Kawasaki has been very solid in fixing stuff like this, you should be in good hands.
Yup drivers side rear Angus.

So far they replaced the rear axle (splines were rounded a bit) and they have a front diff on order for replacement. Tech seems to think a shift fork got bent somehow. Hope to have it back next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts