Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading that there are 2 models of the KRX, with regard to emissions. A 49 state model and a 50 state model. Car manufacturers got away from doing this years ago, and only build 50 state models. It seems inefficient for a major corporation like Kawi to make 2 separate models. I am smack-dab in the center of Arizona, and when I bought my 2021 KRX a couple of weeks ago, all the dealer had was a 50 state model (emissions tag behind the seat says CARB approved for California, specifically.,,,,,or something to that effect). Is there really a 49 state model? If so, I wonder was this maybe for 2020 model year only? I sure would have preferred a 49 state model if this is the case.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,209 Posts
Here in AZ you can only get the 50 state version. But yes, they made 2 different versions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
My wife found an “executive order“ by Kawasaki stating they were only producing 50 state models going forward. I bought in Az and the dealer also said Kawasaki was only making the 50 state models as well. Has anyone gotten a non-cal 2021 model and if so where?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My wife found an “executive order“ by Kawasaki stating they were only producing 50 state models going forward. I bought in Az and the dealer also said Kawasaki was only making the 50 state models as well. Has anyone gotten a non-cal 2021 model and if so where?
This makes sense. Any chance you could post up this Executive Order? I wouldn't mind having a copy of it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts