Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
358 Posts
I will have to agree with robman, although I do not have the pro armor crawler I have the mrt x rox an u couldnt't tell the difference between them they look identical, except my impatience cost me alot more lol but they are an excellent tire so far.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That 35" Warrior XT is just about as light as it comes for a 35". The SlikRok name edition came from our buddies in the SlikRok group that requested that specific size and design for years, but its really an all around killer tire. That's what we're all running here in our crazy hill climbs here in southern Indiana.
What kind of deal can I get on some 32 or 33's. Not sure what I want yet though. I do allot of rough trail riding and some snow.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,555 Posts
BFG KM3 is also now available in 35".
As a side note, I've been reading more and more that guys who have been running 35's are switching back to a 32"-33" tire. Just an FYI for those on the fence about jumping up to that big of a tire.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
358 Posts
Bob u raise a good point. I have 35's on my krx now and prior to doing the new tender springs it would have never crossed my mind to switch back to a 32-33" tire. But now that I have my ride height back an so far it has stayed, personally when my mrt's wear out a 32-33" tire is gonna be a viable option for me. Less wear an tear on things is probably #1 reason, I lost just a little bit of performance but not much, an I know a tuner will bring that back but I don't want a tuner at this point. And the 3rd is simply certain machine manners.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,288 Posts
BFG KM3 is also now available in 35".
As a side note, I've been reading more and more that guys who have been running 35's are switching back to a 32"-33" tire. Just an FYI for those on the fence about jumping up to that big of a tire.
What have you herd for reasons?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Performance and excessive wear and tear are the most mentioned reasons. Some have said there just isn't a noticeable advantage to running such a big and typically heavier tire on their machines.
Personally I will never switch back to anything smaller than a 35 love the looks and the way you can blast thru the rough stuff and not even think about it.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
576 Posts
My dealer “raised it up”, what they call a spring preload adjustment. They told me to bring it back after 200 miles and they’d do it under warranty. Since they did it and I ride conservatively I’m not going to worry about the cv angles. It rides fine to me and I’ve got that 18” of clearance. To each his own.

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
358 Posts
My dealer “raised it up”, what they call a spring preload adjustment. They told me to bring it back after 200 miles and they’d do it under warranty. Since they did it and I ride conservatively I’m not going to worry about the cv angles. It rides fine to me and I’ve got that 18” of clearance. To each his own.
Yes I understand spring preload adjustment. I done it several times due to my stock tender springs sagging every 200 miles. So I changed my tenders to remedy that.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have STI XComp AT ,It's a tall 32". 10 ply. A great tire, seems to work in all conditions , used them all winter. Great side biters. A lot of our trails are rocky and hook up nice.. in the snow we run them at about 6 front 8 in the rear or lower. 8 and 10 in the non snow .Not stickies . I've had stickies , they wear out to fast.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts