Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
Vendor
50 Posts
Three of my friends are using 35" tires on their KRX. The KRX handles the 35 very well. The clutch seems OK and the power is also OK with the 35" tires. The tires of choice are:

1. Roxxzilla for rocks and trail use
2. MRT XROX for rocks and high speed
3. System 3 XCR350 for general trail use
4. SuperATV Warrior for Rocks and Trail use

All of these are working well and each has specific advantages. We have extensively tested each of these tires.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Let's dive into this topic a little more.

Are stock KRX's holding up with the 35's? I have seen some clutch kits starting to show up. Are they necessary? It seems to me that these are geared pretty low already. A huge difference from my previous XX. I love the clearance aspect but worry they will add much more stress on the unit. The KRX does seem to be a beast so I would love what others have to say.
35s on mine and I'm not going back. I have hundreds of miles and many trails on my KRX with 35s. Not a single issue. Everything on mine is stock and works well. I have been doing everything from 9+ trails to high speed desert. Never going back. Love having the 35s.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
73 Posts
Thanks for the responses folks. Anyone frequent the Moab trails? I'm torn between the 33's and the 35's. I am liking the feedback for the 35's though...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well...we just quit making 15" wheels not long ago. They just didn't sell. We stopped before we released this tire. Man, I wish we still had some...cause...you know...that would kinda make sense. Lol! BUT...I can get you a little discount on the tires if you're in!
Send me a quote please.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the responses folks. Anyone frequent the Moab trails? I'm torn between the 33's and the 35's. I am liking the feedback for the 35's though...
Maxxis Mike is on 35s with a couple thousand miles and seems to always be in Moab. He has nothing but positives to say.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree. There is only so light weight you can go before you eat into durability.

Bloodaxes will be my next set once these Roxxzillas wear out. They are what the Carnivores should have been. Very similar tread pattern too.
Not many distributors for the Bloodaxes. Summit has em for around 240, eBay has emerged listed for 303 each.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Not many distributors for the Bloodaxes. Summit has em for around 240, eBay has emerged listed for 303 each.
I'm liking the Roxxzillas more and more. Might just stick with them but I do like trying something new. Summit sounds like a good price. Braven sells them direct for $279.36

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm liking the Roxxzillas more and more. Might just stick with them but I do like trying something new. Summit sounds like a good price. Braven sells them direct for $279.36
I did see that, I wondered if shipping might be extra though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well...we just quit making 15" wheels not long ago. They just didn't sell. We stopped before we released this tire. Man, I wish we still had some...cause...you know...that would kinda make sense. Lol! BUT...I can get you a little discount on the tires if you're in!
Any plans on a 33" in that tire?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Forgot to say in my post above, while out on this trail last weekend I ran into 2 other KRX's on 35s. They are loving it.

·
Vendor
50 Posts
Thanks. It's in the Owyhees of Idaho. Off road playground. There are some mines but this one is a small cave.
We have some 15 rated trails in Utah that have mines that are not used anymore. They make great rock hounding and exploring areas. We are all running 35" tires on these trails.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just received my Warrior XT 35x10x15. Plan to mount them on the stock Rims. When my KRX gets here! Had the Carnivores on my Polaris General with Tusk beadlock rims. No problems out of them and really liked them. Back to the 35’s, I will let you know...

21 - 40 of 63 Posts