Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
249 Posts
I run the same setup you do and have never had any rubbing issues. That is also with the front swaybar disconnected and really working the suspension. The only thing to be aware of is that they do pick up rocks. I did have left tire rear deposit a rock between the left rear swingarm and the CV boot. It cost me a CV boot, so now I occasionally check that area and the engine pan area when I stop. I also check them for rocks when I load up to go home. I do not want to end up busting someones windshield. I have found a few.

·
Registered
249 Posts

Do you have Rock Knocker flaps?
I have not had issues with this fix.
They would not have done any good. Mine was probably a one off where some how the rear tire picked up a tennis ball sized rock, threw it off at the top, it somehow bounced off the shock just right, and ended in the space behind the rear trailing arm, on top of the front lower link. It sat there long enough to wear through the CV boot. I have also found a couple of baseball sized rocks, among others stuck in the tire lugs after loading it on the trailer.I kept the rock as a souvenir and reminder.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'm getting ready to install my 35's this week, do the rcor weights help that much with 35's? Anyone try 35s without the weights and then add them?
It depends on what you mean by help much. The stock setup is perfectly fine with 35's. If you want more acceleration, are bogging in heavy mud, are towing, or haul a lot of weight, then you may want lighter weights. That would keep the revs higher. Other than that it is more rider preference. The Teryx is a very capable machine that is tunable to rider preference and style. Personally I like a quieter ride at slightly lower rpm, therefore I run stock weights and no primary spring and have been doing so for over 1200 miles. I can cruise at 30mph at 4200rpm. I also do a lot of rock crawling, does having no primary spring hurt? I would argue that is does not. Some may chastise me, but there are a few of the members that have ridden with me and can testify that I will climb anything they will with little effort. Just my preference! If I were desert riding it would be a different setup. That being said, I would suggest installing the tires, see what you think, figure out what it is you want to do, and then ask the question "what will help with what I want to accomplish". You will get a lot of recommendations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts