Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was deadset on 33" tires when I burn these stockers up.........I had my reasons - 1. wont lose as much top end - 2. less weight - easier on machine 3. 33" will prob get me everywhere.........but as time goes by and I get closer - I am changing my mind to 35's - now my reasoning - 1. why not let this beast be itself and let it eat - its a crawler - will nvm be fast anyway - 2. not seeing tie rod / steering rack issues like I thought . Only real issue is I have the oem tire rack that struggles lifting the 35's but I have a couple extra struts to resolve that - Also just saw in a FB group - a couple people are starting to rubb on 35's which is a no go for me......what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Could always just run 34s then. It’s what I have on mine and I’m not having any figment or rubbing issues.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
256 Posts
I went with 32' tires on mine. My reasons - 1. - less weight - easier on machine. 2. - 32's will absolutely get me anywhere a 33 or 35 would. 3. - 32" is a much more common size, and readily available if I should ever need another one in a hurry. That was a big reason I took off the 31" Carnivores with 250 miles on them. 4. - No way they will ever have a rubbing issue.
I kind of feel like the 35's are more of a "look at me" purchase than a real practical tire choice.
You asked, those are my thoughts. ;) (y)

Guess one thing you didn't state was your riding style. Are you a mudder, or more of a rock crawling, trail riding type. Mudders are a whole different deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with 32' tires on mine. My reasons - 1. - less weight - easier on machine. 2. - 32's will absolutely get me anywhere a 33 or 35 would. 3. - 32" is a much more common size, and readily available if I should ever need another one in a hurry. That was a big reason I took off the 31" Carnivores with 250 miles on them. 4. - No way they will ever have a rubbing issue.
I kind of feel like the 35's are more of a "look at me" purchase than a real practical tire choice.
You asked, those are my thoughts. ;) (y)

Guess one thing you didn't state was your riding style. Are you a mudder, or more of a rock crawling, trail riding type. Mudders are a whole different deal.
I avoid the mud at all cost - but it always finds me:) More then any clearance you gain I do like that you can roll over bigger rocks easier with larger tires - but I kinda like the 33" ITP coyote.......I carry a spare so commonality of size isnt a factor in my decision process. which 32's did you go with bob?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
256 Posts
I avoid the mud at all cost - but it always finds me:) More then any clearance you gain I do like that you can roll over bigger rocks easier with larger tires - but I kinda like the 33" ITP coyote.......I carry a spare so commonality of size isnt a factor in my decision process. which 32's did you go with bob?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Could always just run 34s then. It’s what I have on mine and I’m not having any figment or rubbing issues.
I was deadset on 33" tires when I burn these stockers up.........I had my reasons - 1. wont lose as much top end - 2. less weight - easier on machine 3. 33" will prob get me everywhere.........but as time goes by and I get closer - I am changing my mind to 35's - now my reasoning - 1. why not let this beast be itself and let it eat - its a crawler - will nvm be fast anyway - 2. not seeing tie rod / steering rack issues like I thought . Only real issue is I have the oem tire rack that struggles lifting the 35's but I have a couple extra struts to resolve that - Also just saw in a FB group - a couple people are starting to rubb on 35's which is a no go for me......what are your thoughts?
Go with the 35’
I was deadset on 33" tires when I burn these stockers up.........I had my reasons - 1. wont lose as much top end - 2. less weight - easier on machine 3. 33" will prob get me everywhere.........but as time goes by and I get closer - I am changing my mind to 35's - now my reasoning - 1. why not let this beast be itself and let it eat - its a crawler - will nvm be fast anyway - 2. not seeing tie rod / steering rack issues like I thought . Only real issue is I have the oem tire rack that struggles lifting the 35's but I have a couple extra struts to resolve that - Also just saw in a FB group - a couple people are starting to rubb on 35's which is a no go for me......what are your thoughts.
I’ve got 35’s on mine and love them.. as far as power loss I had Alba do a ECU flash. Gained top speed NO loss of power over stock, actually runs better now. Where we ride ground clearance is king, I can go places machines with 33’s can’t get unless you don’t care about scrapping. Now my only problem I can get places others can’t. As far as the weight there’s not a significant gain in weight over the stock tires.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Go with the 35’
Go with the 35's...I have MRT's no rub issues, the additional up sprung weight is minimal.To deal with the potential power lost I had Albba do a stock flash to my ECU it runs better now than with the stock tires. With that being said if you do any mud ridding I would suggest buying the factory mud flaps, the KRX has a tendency to throw alot in the cab without them. Only downsde you lose some sight of the front tires but definately worth the money.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Go with the 35's...I have MRT's no rub issues, the additional up sprung weight is minimal.To deal with the potential power lost I had Albba do a stock flash to my ECU it runs better now than with the stock tires. With that being said if you do any mud ridding I would suggest buying the factory mud flaps, the KRX has a tendency to throw alot in the cab without them. Only downsde you lose some sight of the front tires but definately worth the money.
What’s is look like with the MRTs ? I’ve been shopping around

1 - 11 of 11 Posts