Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the top praise the KRX 1000 is receiving right out of the gate, this video addresses some of the things that aren't as good on it.

The 3 things include:
  • The adjustable driver seat gets hung up when it's pushed all the way forward.
  • The drain plug on the floor can't be opened with your fingers.
  • The KRX is noisy to drive because of all the metal parts.

For me all these are more like nitpick rather than issues and can be dealt with pretty easily. But it's still good stuff to know about the KRX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
With all the top praise the KRX 1000 is receiving right out of the gate, this video addresses some of the things that aren't as good on it.

The 3 things include:
For me all these are more like nitpick rather than issues and can be dealt with pretty easily. But it's still good stuff to know about the KRX.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Second ride in this yesterday. We don’t ride crazy so any metal noise doesn’t bother me because I feel safer with the metal parts. My only thing was the drain plugs. We figured that is what those were but didn’t want to pry on them just in case, so I thank you for the info so I can now pry them up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Second ride in this yesterday. We don’t ride crazy so any metal noise doesn’t bother me because I feel safer with the metal parts. My only thing was the drain plugs. We figured that is what those were but didn’t want to pry on them just in case, so I thank you for the info so I can now pry them up.
No problem at all Tamarra, let us know what it's like trying to pry them up.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My husband just went to clean our rides and they just popped out easily. And at least I now don’t have to keep riding with the water in the cab?
That's good to hear that they come out easy..and that you don't have to go swimming in your KRX :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1 Posts

The 3 things include:

[/QUO

The 3 things include:

I take the drain plug out with my fingers. If you push down on center of plug a little the edges will raise up some so you can grab ahold of it.

·
Registered
2020 Green KRX
341 Posts
I take the drain plug out with my fingers. If you push down on center of plug a little the edges will raise up some so you can grab ahold of it.
I drilled holes through mine. Never have to remove them and when I wash it the water drains easily.

·
Registered
193 Posts
My floor drains come out easy and I fully wash mine after every ride. Just push downward with your finger and then peel it up. If you try to peel it up without pushing down it will be a fight.

I used to think the seat slider was a problem. Not anymore. All you have to do is lean forward while in the seat and it moves like butter.

If you think the KRX is noisy then you need to ride in a RZR or X3. That will fix the noise problem.

As for the fuel gauge, mine has been working perfectly after switching to a rollover valve.

My gripe currently is the doors rattle but it's an easy fix with a longer rubber grommet. My buddy did his and it's a 5 minute job. I need to get the grommets and put them in still.

·
Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
1 Posts
My floor drains come out easy and I fully wash mine after every ride. Just push downward with your finger and then peel it up. If you try to peel it up without pushing down it will be a fight.

I used to think the seat slider was a problem. Not anymore. All you have to do is lean forward while in the seat and it moves like butter.

If you think the KRX is noisy then you need to ride in a RZR or X3. That will fix the noise problem.

As for the fuel gauge, mine has been working perfectly after switching to a rollover valve.

My gripe currently is the doors rattle but it's an easy fix with a longer rubber grommet. My buddy did his and it's a 5 minute job. I need to get the grommets and put them in still.
Where does the longer rubber grommet go in the door and what does the grommet look like.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Where does the longer rubber grommet go in the door and what does the grommet look like.
When you open the door, it's the latch with the rubber grommet on the bottom. Factory, it's just split and glued on. You can peel it off and glue on a longer one. This eliminates the door rattle. Pretty easy job.

Get something like this, cut to a longer length, split and glue it where the old one was-

1 - 18 of 18 Posts