Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Is there really any thing I said that isn't true about the KRX 1000? Aren't we here to inform others of our experiences with these machines? Did I misinform by saying my KRX rides and runs very smooth on every dirt trail, wash & rocky mountain road I drove it on? And is it not true that the cab noise is extremely loud even at low speeds? Also, the cab heat on hot days is pretty darn high?
The reason I bought the KRX is because I thought I was missing out on something. Just about every forum talks about how amazing these SXSs are. Since dealers in my area don't allow test rides, I took a chance and bought a KRX back in February, 2021. The 1st thing I noticed after I trailed it home and drove it on some local trails and washes was how amazing it felt to drive. It was smooth, comfortable & drove amazingly well on all types of terrain. But, at the same it felt like it needed to shift up because the engine, tranny just kept getting louder & louder the faster I went, starting at around 10 mph. I checked the rpms at 15mph in "H" and it was turning almost 5000 WTF! Driving my KRX at speeds around 25-35 it sounded like it needed to shift up 2 gears! Cab heat wasn't an issue back in Feb when I bought it.
Why did I buy a KRX 1000, because we own 2- 2004 Brute Force 650s and they have NEVER needed a repair, only fluid changes and 2 belts replaced. You can also have a normal conversation on them when riding 2up and the only heat you feel is on the inside of your lower calves and that's an easy fix by moving your feet away from the engine a couple of inches. Dust is never an issue unless your following close to another ATV. Do my ATVs drive or ride like my KRX did? NO, but they are quiet, cool & fun to drive!
Responding to your comment that I should get a EV with A/C. I'm sure that trying to put someone down really made you feel good! I remember kids like you back in Jr High!
Easy there big fella. Back 'er down a little. Just a little good natured ribbing there. No reason to get all revved up about it. At least you can still remember kids from Jr. High....:ROFLMAO:

Is there really any thing I said that isn't true about the KRX 1000? Aren't we here to inform others of our experiences with these machines? Did I misinform by saying my KRX rides and runs very smooth on every dirt trail, wash & rocky mountain road I drove it on? And is it not true that the cab noise is extremely loud even at low speeds? Also, the cab heat on hot days is pretty darn high?
The reason I bought the KRX is because I thought I was missing out on something. Just about every forum talks about how amazing these SXSs are. Since dealers in my area don't allow test rides, I took a chance and bought a KRX back in February, 2021. The 1st thing I noticed after I trailed it home and drove it on some local trails and washes was how amazing it felt to drive. It was smooth, comfortable & drove amazingly well on all types of terrain. But, at the same it felt like it needed to shift up because the engine, tranny just kept getting louder & louder the faster I went, starting at around 10 mph. I checked the rpms at 15mph in "H" and it was turning almost 5000 WTF! Driving my KRX at speeds around 25-35 it sounded like it needed to shift up 2 gears! Cab heat wasn't an issue back in Feb when I bought it.
Why did I buy a KRX 1000, because we own 2- 2004 Brute Force 650s and they have NEVER needed a repair, only fluid changes and 2 belts replaced. You can also have a normal conversation on them when riding 2up and the only heat you feel is on the inside of your lower calves and that's an easy fix by moving your feet away from the engine a couple of inches. Dust is never an issue unless your following close to another ATV. Do my ATVs drive or ride like my KRX did? NO, but they are quiet, cool & fun to drive!
Responding to your comment that I should get a EV with A/C. I'm sure that trying to put someone down really made you feel good! I remember kids like you back in Jr High!
These guys all do something to address the issues you "reviewed", as appropriate in this thread, such as heat/dust (what ever it is). As soon as you bring it up they become the attack squad. They all made improvements.......

Perhaps the world is just finally getting weary of yet more "victims." Especially ones that created their own victimhood by a lack or research, good judgement, or foresight.
After my KRX purchase I wasn't the least surprised to find out it was loud, dirty, hot (LOL I got a Honda Pioneer, now that's hot), or I got wet when out on rides.
I got a KRX for the same reason I used to ride a CR500, a Honda Odyssey, and an 250 ATC. Its loud, dirty, goes places fast where a lot of other things can't and it is an outside experience.

For the record, I have taken clients to some off grid sites and they are forewarned of what to expect. Every trip has ended with a smile and "how much do these cost?"

Making a bad judgement sucks but there is hope. Hopefully I don't think the car linked below is desirably cool until at least my late 70s, GOD willing.:)

Guys cool it. Both of you. Let’s not turn a good thread into a bad one. I would hate to lock it when there’s plenty of great info being posted on here.
Yup. Going to have to do a little thread cleanup here if this continues. Let's keep it on topic guys.

On the flip side, I owned a 2021 Other Machine X2 a mere 5 months before selling it for the same reasons Scotty75 sold his KRX. There's a bit of a performance mismatch in that Other Machine was an 850 small tire, but heat and dust were waaaay worse in it than the KRX. Plus I ride solo with no one to offer an alternative opinion on conditions. At the end of the day, we spend our discretionary dollars on what we want. Some come away happy, some don't. It's the nature of the beast.

I hear people say “why didn’t you test ride it” often. Of any of the three dealers near me, none let you test drive new units. That’s always bothered me. I can test drive a car, why not an off toad product?
This. My local dealer will let you test drive their used machines but not their new ones.

Just some good old ribbing....don't get spun up....back it down a little. Bob as soon as you posted above you went and post that insulation/sound product may be worth it. A moment later.
Not sure why you feel the need to continually try to stir the pot, but it's time to stop. Scotty75 is who that comment was directed at, and he has. You need to do the same.

Not sure why you feel the need to continually try to stir the pot, but it's time to stop. Scotty75 is who that comment was directed at, and he has. You need to do the same.
It's simple, when the man provided accurate feed back, the attack squad went into action. Instead of you highly knowledgeable members directing him to the common fixes (you all do them), you (plural) go to passive aggressive comments, they don't fly with me. If those men were in the same room
I bet there would be more respect in return comments. By saying we are snoddy, low intelligence and victims, is rude. As George Costanza said "you wanna get nuts! Lets go all the way. If you keep on the topic so will I. You guys all know, I respectfully like your comments when spot on and respond with helpful comments such as to Speedyg on Dyna mat.
I don't tolerate bullying at all. Most people just go away and don't participate because of the backlash, I don't care if you like me, when these messages conclude their is usually nothing left to say....I let you make fools of yourselves, using your own words.

It's simple, when the man provided accurate feed back, the attack squad went into action. Instead of you highly knowledgeable members directing him to the common fixes (you all do them), you (plural) go to passive aggressive comments, they don't fly with me. If those men were in the same room
I bet there would be more respect in return comments. By saying we are snoddy, low intelligence and victims, is rude. As George Costanza said "you wanna get nuts! Lets go all the way. If you keep on the topic so will I. You guys all know, I respectfully like your comments when spot on and respond with helpful comments such as to Speedyg on Dyna mat.
I don't tolerate bullying at all. Most people just go away and don't participate because of the backlash, I don't care if you like me, when these messages conclude their is usually nothing left to say....I let you make fools of yourselves, using your own words.
Folks here are all grown up and can speak up for themselves. No need for you to think you need to speak up for them. If someone has a complaint, we will deal with it, not you. That's just the way it is.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.