Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out about five times since I purchased my KRX two weeks ago. Also put about 60 miles on a new RZR XP 1000 during this time. Hate to say it but I’m feeling some buyers remorse. The Polaris wasn’t nearly as hot in the cab, there was SIGNIFICANTLY less dust in the cab and you could actually carry on a conversation while driving. The Kawasaki has a smoother throttle response and just feels burlier, but that’s about the only things that compared favorably imho. Im not trying to be a hater here, and this is only a snap judgement after not much time in the saddle, but I’m throwing it out here in case there’s any lurkers in the forum tossing around canceling a Polaris reservation and pulling the trigger on a KRX. Instant gratification sans two seats and a couple grand might not be worth it..

·
Registered
98 Posts
So the Polaris you compared the KRX to is a 4 seater? If so, I can definitely see how it would be quieter and cooler since the engine is farther behind the driver. As for dust, I'm sure any swirling would also be different because of the design. A fair comparison would be 2 seat RZR vs KRX. If the RZR was a 2 seater, then just forget about this post! Lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
169 Posts
Ok so you bought a krx then decided to drive a Polaris an decide what you liked better? It's unfortunate you feel buyers remorse. So to that I would say maybe you should of test drove both BEFORE you purchased. Ok So you have logged 250 miles on a krx an only 60 miles on a Polaris? I'm not sure that would be considered a fair and factual comparison when doing a review on any 2 machines no matter the make or model. There are always gonna be pros an cons when you compare different machines. But I agree with the statement you said, this is a snap judgement, so in my opinion your comparison don't hold much merit. So your asking people that are lurking to reconsider buying a krx based on your 60 miles in the seat of a Polaris compared to 250 miles on a krx? This is Simply a premature assessment.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bought based on an actual need for a side by side. I have several mining claims and am building a backcountry cabin on one of them (@11,800 ft) this summer. Am also a realtor that sort of has a specialty in mining claims, so I’m up in the mountains a lot in the summer. Basically I just got sick of driving the f250 with the worlds stiffest suspension 1.5 hours up / down sh!tty FS roads / mountain passes every time I needed to get up into the mountains. That being the case, I put a reservation in for a four seater XP 1000 general on Jan 27, and as of two weeks ago my delivery was being forecasted for the end of August, which for mountain folks that means the end of summer. So, I bought the only SxS within 500 miles of Pagosa that wasn’t a CFMoto. Yada yada yada, the KRX is loud as he!! and the amount of dust that enters from the floor is in my view inexcusable for the price. The polaris I used last week to show property (because my two seater could not fit my clients) did not have these problems. This review was meant to let others, that are trying to figure out what to do in this time of supply chain shortage, know that they might be better off waiting. When I was lurking here, prior to pulling the trigger on the KRX, I didn’t appreciate the extent of the noise difference or the amount of dust entering the KRX from the floor (not to say that info hasn’t been mentioned ad naseum). Anyhow I’m still going to enjoy my machine, believe Kawasaki makes a reliable product that they stand behind and won’t be on here regularly whining about it.. was just providing candid feedback for anyone on the fence.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Gotta agree on the noise. There is a work around. We're pretty happy with our KRX in the CO mountains. Keeping it away from the grandkids is our first world problem. Our other SXS is a Honda Pioneer so I guess we are pretty well acclimated to the dust thing.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
I don’t know I disagree with a couple forementioned things. If you were carrying clients up into the mountains, comfort and cleanliness would be a priority of mine in a vehicle. I would have gone with a Polaris northstar. It comes with a sealed cab along with a heater and air conditioning. Like @Tyekay2390 said it does sound like buyers remorse. Test drive before you buy, you would of known what you’re getting yourself into. Although the KRX is an absolute beast, it’s dusty, it’s hot, it’s loud. In the end it’s a very capable OFF ROAD vehicle. But some people want to compare it to the comforts and luxuries of an on road vehicle. Which based on their complaints that’s what they should of bought. Maybe a jeep or FJ would have been more suitable for them. It’s just not an apples to apples comparison. And I’m still boggled that people complain about dust when 99% of the cab is fully exposed to the elements. It’s seriously makes me think DUH the cab is going to get dirt, there’s no glass, doors, seals etc. For me it’s all part of the fun. I focus on enjoying the trip and getting out from the city than my cab is dirty or the machine is making to much noise. It gets detailed after every ride anyway. Over 700 miles on mine and It still looks like new. Take a look below. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I’ve only been on a few rides in my new Krx and I can say I love the machine. But there are a few things I don’t like. Some I knew going in to the purchase and some I found out after a few rides. If you have a Polaris or can am and buy a krx undoubtably you’re going to miss the low end torque!!! In knew that going in but I’ve still tried to get some low end back with tuner and rcor weights. Still take off sucks! If you ask me I wasted my money there. The one thing I didn’t expect was how bad the seats would be! I’m looking at PRP and HSP seats to correct this problem. My commander seats are way more comfortable than the Krx seats. I didn’t notice it at first but once I rode for a few hours straight my lower back hurt and so did my wife’s. We could ride all day in my old commander and that not be the case. The noise is bad but not as bad as my commander. With high RPM machines you are going to have a lot of engine noise.
Now for the good!!! The roominess in krx is great. The ride comfort is awesome and the main thing I like is how stable it is going up or down hills. I watch X3 or razors have to really give a lot throttle to go up something and I can walk right up it. The tires stay planted really well. It doesn’t overheat like my commander did. That drove me nuts. Cab heat is way better even know I see people complain about it. Field of view is pretty good compared to other machines. It has a full size battery compared to the can am lawnmower battery. Reliability is the main reason I bought a Krx. Hopefully that stands true like most people say. Oh yeah most important, they look cool!! Lol I love the look of my trail edition. It’s a beast, kawasexy for sure.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 blue tons of options
590 Posts
I hear people say “why didn’t you test ride it” often. Of any of the three dealers near me, none let you test drive new units. That’s always bothered me. I can test drive a car, why not an off toad product?

·
Registered
2021 KRX SE
169 Posts
When I bought mine back in October my local dealer had a unit there if you wanted to test drive one. It had like 200 miles on it. Said he took it to Hatfield McCoy an said he had a few more trips planned with it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,132 Posts
I hear people say “why didn’t you test ride it” often. Of any of the three dealers near me, none let you test drive new units. That’s always bothered me. I can test drive a car, why not an off toad product?
That’s your dealer being Stingy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, well, as it turns out, the reservation I have for my wife’s Bronco Wildtrax has been delayed about 6 months so far, and isn’t even in production yet.. I’ll be lucky to get one by next summer. But hey, we got enough fraudulent mail in ballots in to get Biden in the whitehouse and gas almost to $4.00 so it’s hard to complain about something as trivial as global supply chain shortages.

·
Registered
543 Posts
But hey, we got enough fraudulent mail in ballots in to get Biden in the whitehouse and gas almost to $4.00 so it’s hard to complain about something as trivial as global supply chain shortages.

Don't forget the wolves at least we got that out of the deal. :( They will be a real lifestyle enhancer. Another initiative that won by the slimmest of margins. The county I do business in has 5% more voters than eligible voters no one cares.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't have a dog in this fight. I DO have to agree with the OP about sound. I have been looking to get my first UTV. I have ridden shotgun in 4 UTVs so far. I rode in a RZR XP 1000 and was impressed with its speed and handling but had a pretty rough ride and I have a bad back. Next I rode in a KRX and could not believe the noise. It sounded like someone driving a car but not upshifting. The ride was an improvement over the XP 1000 but felt slower. Then I was in a RZR Turbo S with Dynamix. Really pulled crazy hard and rode better than the KRX by a small margin, and we were covering ground at a faster speed due to the power. I then rode in a Turbo S 4 seater and that thing was really comfortable as far as the ride. I was really set on a KRX but am reconsidering just due to the noise. I rode dirt bikes for 30 years so I expect some noise but not to this level. I know very little about CVT or how they work but something just didn't seem right. I don't think it's the actual noise as much as wondering why it isn't moving up through the "gears" that bothers me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Don't forget the wolves at least we got that out of the deal. :( They will be a real lifestyle enhancer. Another initiative that won by the slimmest of margins. The county I do business in has 5% more voters than eligible voters no one cares.
Theyll start paying us to shoot em after the first labradoodle from Boulder gets eaten. Also, check out what our SoS did yesterday to make it nearly impossible to audit voting machines like what is happening in AZ.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Also, check out what our SoS did yesterday to make it nearly impossible to audit voting machines like what is happening in AZ.
I'm up on that, and a LOT more :( This is one of the places I come to escape the political horror.

I don't think it's the actual noise as much as wondering why it isn't moving up through the "gears" that bothers me.
LOL....coming from a shifting Honda platform makes it very wierd whan KRXing without the intercom headsets on. I keep subconsciously glancing at the tach waiting for a shift. The headsets quiet it so much it isn't an issue. The downside is they cover sounds you may want, or need, to hear.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts