Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Searched forum, even called the dealer. Doesn't know the size or what it's made out of. Anyway, what is the size of that washer and what is it made out of? Do we need to change it every oil change? This is the 1st change after break-in, thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
Don't know if this helps. The last oil change I did, I was down to my last crush washer. My son was going by the dealer and I called him to see if he could pick me up a few extra. No dice....at the time, backordered....forever.

The dealership head mechanic, who I kind of know, got on the phone with me and told me to just reuse the old one. Like he has had to do for his last dozen or so changes. I did that and have had zero issues. YMMV

·
Registered
84 Posts
I don't see why you can't reuse it. It's a pretty serious metal washer. It is not like the synthetic ones on regular cars.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll do that then, reuse the old washer. Yes, it looks like hard metal or even stainless. You can hardly call that a crush washer eh? The oil drain bolt would probably strip before it crushed LOL.

·
Registered
84 Posts
the last two kits i bought, at the dealer, had that washer in a little baggie, inside the kit, along with 4qts of reg, a filter, pair of gloves and a bs funnel, from Kellys, @drmdwebb you in phx?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Mine didn't. Bought at the dealer.
Same here. Last year I bought the whole stock from a big city dealer.......that would be 2 crush washers. I got a few in box official Kawasaki oil change kits out in the shop. I'll have to bust them open to see if they started putting the washer in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
It’s just a simple aluminum crush washer most are typically copper but kawi is using aluminum. It will more than likely last the life of the machine if it’s anything like the copper ones.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
101 Posts
Like Dialed said, it is just a simple aluminum washer. The size is 12mm.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I just checked the Kawi oil change kits I have stashed in the shop and all three have washers. (y) Thanks Kawasaki. I know for a fact the first kit I bought from the dealer didn't have one as I opened it up at the sales counter and checked when I purchased it. The parts counter guy had no clue when I asked him.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I didn't buy the kit, I bought the filters and bottles of oil separately at the dealer when I bought the car.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am 100 miles away from 6,000 mile mark n changed my oil n filter 9 times so far n l am still on my 1st washer. And l bought 5 of them when l picked up my krx brand new 15 months ago. I figure the 5 l have will last the lifetime of my machine lol.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
474 Posts
I bought a kit on Amazon that’s an assortment. There’s 25-50 of each size. It was about $16.

Reactions: BobX2
1 - 19 of 19 Posts