Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to Crack the case on the transmission of my 2021 krx 1000. Does anyone know if the transmission was the same as 2020? The dealer is baffled and can't get an answer. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,761 Posts
I managed to Crack the case on the transmission of my 2021 krx 1000. Does anyone know if the transmission was the same as 2020? The dealer is baffled and can't get an answer. Thank you
Should be the same. One way to find out is go on an online catalog and compare the part numbers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should be the same. One way to find out is go on an online catalog and compare the part numbers.
They don't list a case part number
They don't list a part number for the case of a 2021, but it looks like all the internal part numbers are the same so I think it's a safe bet

·
Registered
2021 Blue Kawasaki KRX
48 Posts
Same part numbers for both year models. Rocky Mountain ATV shows they can order them and will ship in 7-10 days.
Left case: 14055-0641 / $435.33
Right case: 14057-0020 / $248.85

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow that is crazy haven't seen that problem before.
It was on a RZR 1000, I joined this group because of this and may be buying a Kawi soon. But I wanted to see what issues everyone is having, seems they all can break. Tranny rebuilder said more than likley a gear broke off a tooth and when I went vertical on a climb, the piece made it's way into two meshing gears and forced them apart, and the case.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thats why I put the steel one on over top of the steel one.
Me too,bought an additional metal trans skid from full access.When I was installing it ,noticed a pretty good ding in the stock skid plate.this route is cheaper than a 1/2” full umh plastic or whatever.?.Not sure if I should have just gotten the complete 1/2” protection.However 150 is cheaper than 750. We,ll see.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.