Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2021 KRX with 135 miles and 28 hours it’s popped out of gear two times and then I adjusted the shift linkage and it still popped out of gear again this weekend. it makes some horrible noises in the transmission when it pops out of gear. Once I completely stop it’s fine again. What should I do??

·
Registered
2021 Blue KRX
533 Posts
Man this really stinks! I’m in the same boat. Mine jumped out within the first 2 minutes of riding today, while slowly going down the road to the trails. I adjusted the linkage earlier this week too. It sounds awful when it happens

Reactions: TripleB

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2021 and I was driving down my driveway at about 10 mph in high and it popped out of gear and it only has 22 or 23 miles on it. What a shame that this is happening to a lot of folks. I took mine bake to the dealer and they adjusted the shift cable. I haven’t drove it enough to see if it really fixed it or not. I’ve drove it just a few miles so time will tell if it’s fixed or not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know of anyone who has had the problem resolved. This could be very dangerous in certain situations.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not a fun club to be a part of, but I guess misery loves company.
I talked to two dealers today. Rydersville cycle has always been a joke. That’s were I bought my machine. They said they won’t have a chance to look at it until December 14. So I called Romney Cycles and they said Oct 4. His opinion was to keep driving it as long as it’s still under warranty. Luckily I bought the extended warranty. He said Kawasaki does not have a fix for it right now. They are just putting the same parts back in it. He said they have already tore apart some of them and a few of them came back with the same issue. Something about a shaved bearing. He said they had problems with the original prototype shifting under load (like on a hill). So they changed design and thats were the problem arose. He said the bearing is walking off the shaft. He recommended using the brake more and not letting all the weight of the bike push on the bearing.. Something like that. Not sure what to do 😞

·
Registered
69 Posts
I talked to two dealers today. Rydersville cycle has always been a joke. That’s were I bought my machine. They said they won’t have a chance to look at it until December 14. So I called Romney Cycles and they said Oct 4. His opinion was to keep driving it as long as it’s still under warranty. Luckily I bought the extended warranty. He said Kawasaki does not have a fix for it right now. They are just putting the same parts back in it. He said they have already tore apart some of them and a few of them came back with the same issue. Something about a shaved bearing. He said they had problems with the original prototype shifting under load (like on a hill). So they changed design and thats were the problem arose. He said the bearing is walking off the shaft. He recommended using the brake more and not letting all the weight of the bike push on the bearing.. Something like that. Not sure what to do 😞

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have adjusted mine at the linkage but to no avail, it did it again! I’m going to adjust the lever back a knurl or two and see if that helps, likely that it doesn’t! Only option after that left is the JBS detention spring….

·
Registered
69 Posts
I was told a Kawasaki is working on a fix. But I wonder how true that is. We need to start writing letters or send emails or something and try and push them for a fix
Agreed. I’m heading to my local dealership tomorrow to what they say, I imagine I’ll leave there aggravated! It’s a shame considering the amount of money they expect you to sink into these things that this issue is still going on and there’s not a true fix!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m also going to call Kawasaki tomorrow so it’s at least documented and attached to my vin number
what number are you calling? I also would like to call. I talked with JBS performance on YouTube and he said he sells a detent spring That fixed 90% of the machines they were put on. They are only eight dollars and he said it takes three minutes to put on I have no idea where the spring even Is.[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
69 Posts
what number are you calling? I also would like to call. I talked with JBS performance on YouTube and he said he sells a detent spring That fixed 90% of the machines they were put on. They are only eight dollars and he said it takes three minutes to put on I have no idea where the spring even Is.
[/QUOTE]
I’m going to call 866-802-9381 I’ve heard it can take a long time to get through so be prepared. I had planned to go by JBS tomorrow and talk to James after I leave the dealership, I’m from the same town. I will see what he says about it!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I’m going to call 866-802-9381 I’ve heard it can take a long time to get through so be prepared. I had planned to go by JBS tomorrow and talk to James after I leave the dealership, I’m from the same town. I will see what he says about it!
[/QUOTE]
That’s sounds good! Hopefully we can figure this out! Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

1 - 20 of 218 Posts