Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a member for a while but bought a '21 blue on 7-17 (my birthday!). Took it out the next day to ride the Rio Puerco west of Rio Rancho. It was awesome. I was worried it wouldn't be fast enough. I was wrong. No problem keeping up. I hear a clunk in the front end on big hits but was told it is the crossovers and nothing to worry about. Now I need a roof, a windshield, spare belt, rear view mirrors and I noticed my full face automotive helmet is letting too much dust into my eyes. I think I need a MX full face with some OTG sand goggles. It is extremely dusty where we ride. I kind of liked riding with no windshield in 90 degree temps

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Been a member for a while but bought a '21 blue on 7-17 (my birthday!). Took it out the next day to ride the Rio Puerco west of Rio Rancho. It was awesome. I was worried it wouldn't be fast enough. I was wrong. No problem keeping up. I hear a clunk in the front end on big hits but was told it is the crossovers and nothing to worry about. Now I need a roof, a windshield, spare belt, rear view mirrors and I noticed my full face automotive helmet is letting too much dust into my eyes. I think I need a MX full face with some OTG sand goggles. It is extremely dusty where we ride. I kind of liked riding with no windshield in 90 degree temps
Hello and welcome! Was it at R & S West? The service manager brought out that unit to compare the noises I am having with my green KRX. Been riding in this terrain for a while now. Here is mine. I do recommend a roof for starters the heat is rough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Small world. Let me know if it wasn't actually the crossovers. That was only my best guess.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Crossover rings is what makes the noise on suspension compress. There is a fix by replacing them, but at that point you have a few options in regards to spring replacement and revalving

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
102 Posts
I miss riding the Rio Puerco. Use to take my KFX400 out to the end of Southern Boulevard all the time in the winter and up to the Jemez National Forest in the summer. One of the few things I miss in NM. I assume the parking area is still full of nails or has it been cleaned up?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
I miss riding the Rio Puerco. Use to take my KFX400 out to the end of Southern Boulevard all the time in the winter and up to the Jemez National Forest in the summer. One of the few things I miss in NM. I assume the parking area is still full of nails or has it been cleaned up?
Still there. But no one ever parks there any more.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Always ride on the backstreets in the neighborhood have a few police officers on my route no problems. I cross Unser near Marble brewery then north 1 block to Black Arroyo road to the top of the hill and then on to the dirt. Once in the dirt the route is marked with cairnes a friend of mine did so he could memorize the route.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
Always ride on the backstreets in the neighborhood have a few police officers on my route no problems. I cross Unser near Marble brewery then north 1 block to Black Arroyo road to the top of the hill and then on to the dirt. Once in the dirt the route is marked with cairnes a friend of mine did so he could memorize the route.
Question for you, when you’ve ridden on the street are you actually on the lane or on the side?

·
Registered
33 Posts
There is a 1 block section of McMahon that I ride on and 1/4 mi stretch of Black Arroyo both places I am in traffic.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After a trip through a mudhole (in the desert!) I'm thinking I need some kind of fender flares. Do I need front and rear or just front?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Where do you ride in Jemez?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,382 Posts
After a trip through a mudhole (in the desert!) I'm thinking I need some kind of fender flares. Do I need front and rear or just front?
I was looking at AJ’s fender flares. Cheap and they don’t look too bad.

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
102 Posts
Where do you ride in Jemez?
I haven,t been there in years. When I did live in NM we would head out towards Cuba on 550. About 20 miles out we would turn right and jump over to the old road and follow it towards Cuba and turn right on forest road 20, follow it through the gap, and take the left fork. About 2 miles up on the right there was an area you can park. From there you could ride roads and trails in the area between School House mesa, Cuba, and state road 126. With GPS and old National Geographic maps you could explore for hours.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts