Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello all, I just purchased a 2021 KRX 1000 and have read where the 2020 had issues with fuel tank venting. Does anybody know if that issue was resolved. Under the cover looks somewhat different they added a filter and a additional hose.
Thanks
Paul
I bought a roll over two way valve from a race shop. Look on line.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
No issues by changing out to the rollover vent. And it should be done on all models regardless of cali or not. Most times the change out will fix the fuel gauge error reading.
I just ordered one from summit. I’ll update when I do the install.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Could it be possible the fuel gauge got damaged from prolonged tank pressure?
Mine was inaccurate until I put in the roll over vent. Now my gauge works as it should.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
Could it be possible the fuel gauge got damaged from prolonged tank pressure?
Mine was inaccurate until I put in the roll over vent. Now my gauge works as it should.
It definitely could be. I’m not sure if the tank has a “float sensor” to monitor fuel capacity, but an over pressurized tank would effect that working properly.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I bought the valve 5 months ago, it's still in the box...
To date, I've not experienced any issues with fueling in my KRX. Sure, there's vacuum in the system, but it's never been enough to cause vapor lock.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
Got mine in too, just have to install it. Does it matter which way the valve is installed?
Yes it does. There should be instructions with the valve. It must be mounted vertically. I think the big end goes down, if I recall correctly. If there are no instructions, you can figure it out by blowing through it. Hold it vertical and blow through the top. If no air goes through, that is the bottom. That would simulate a roll over situation, and not allow gas to escape.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
So here’s a pic of what I’ve got going on under the cover. I understand that the black canister is the valve, but as you can see it feeds over to a white canister, then back down. I have no idea where it goes from there, but it doesn’t vent to the outside like others do. So I’m wondering if I can even replace it without screwing something up??

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
So I dove a little deeper (I’m tearing apart my car anyway to do a communications install) and found where everything goes.
It goes from the first white canister after the one way valve down to the big canister underneath the bar.

From there it comes out the other side of that canister into another small white canister seen on the right side of the bar.

Then heads back up and out to the frame like the rest of them do. But also there is a second hose that comes off the back of the big canister and runs to that solenoid you see on top of the bar, and then out and up following the other vent hose to god knows where.
So at this point I don’t even know if installing that valve would do anything.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
So that's what the blue pigtail is for under there. Damn Cali and all their emissions standards. That's a bunch of crap you have under your console. That's all just empty space under mine, with the blue plug just hanging out all alone and nothing to plug into.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,298 Posts
So that's what the blue pigtail is for under there. Damn Cali and all their emissions standards. That's a bunch of crap you have under your console. That's all just empty space under mine, with the blue plug just hanging out all alone and nothing to plug into.
If I knew for sure it wouldn’t cause any computer errors, I’d rip all that crap out of there, and just connect the gas tank vent hoses directly to the main vent hose. (With the new valve installed of course)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,647 Posts
I don't know how it would react to you doing that. You could probably just unplug it and see what happens. If it doesn't like it you would probably know pretty quick. Tough call. I heard that VF John has a different flash for Cali models, so I would guess you kind of need all that plugged in for the ECU to be happy.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
729 Posts
At 3:15 he starts to say the small end goes down and it must mount vertical.

·
Registered
73 Posts
At the risk of sounding stupid exactly what problem does this fix ?, so far I can’t seem to figure that out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine had a bad vapor lock it's a 2020 Cal/50 state model. I added the Tanks Inc. from RCOR (see link below) if yours is vapor locking when you unscrew the gas cap I would add it. Like has been said if your doing it for gas read out accuracy not sure if your going to see any improvement as I can't tell on mine.
You replace the same stock vent/one-way plastic value piece as the non Cal/49 state models.
I removed like 1/2" of the tubing from the top because the new roll over valve is a bit longer. I left all the other Cal vent tubing and what I'm guessing is a charcoal filter in the setup on my KRX.

Mount it just like the picture shows narrower end down.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Unfortunately it looks like the Tanks Inc Rollover Valve is out of stock.
These looks like the same piece but with a addition vent cap that you won't need.

·
Registered
71 Posts
These looks like the same piece but with a addition vent cap that you won't need.

Awesome, appreciate the find.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts