Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
That’s definitely a California model, as I have the same setup. I get the “vapor lock” on mine from time to time, and would love to add that new ball valve, but I don’t know if it will cause any problems with the emission system.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
Could it be possible the fuel gauge got damaged from prolonged tank pressure?
Mine was inaccurate until I put in the roll over vent. Now my gauge works as it should.
It definitely could be. I’m not sure if the tank has a “float sensor” to monitor fuel capacity, but an over pressurized tank would effect that working properly.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
So here’s a pic of what I’ve got going on under the cover. I understand that the black canister is the valve, but as you can see it feeds over to a white canister, then back down. I have no idea where it goes from there, but it doesn’t vent to the outside like others do. So I’m wondering if I can even replace it without screwing something up??

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
So I dove a little deeper (I’m tearing apart my car anyway to do a communications install) and found where everything goes.
It goes from the first white canister after the one way valve down to the big canister underneath the bar.

From there it comes out the other side of that canister into another small white canister seen on the right side of the bar.

Then heads back up and out to the frame like the rest of them do. But also there is a second hose that comes off the back of the big canister and runs to that solenoid you see on top of the bar, and then out and up following the other vent hose to god knows where.
So at this point I don’t even know if installing that valve would do anything.

· Registered
2020 KRX
1,385 Posts
So that's what the blue pigtail is for under there. Damn Cali and all their emissions standards. That's a bunch of crap you have under your console. That's all just empty space under mine, with the blue plug just hanging out all alone and nothing to plug into.
If I knew for sure it wouldn’t cause any computer errors, I’d rip all that crap out of there, and just connect the gas tank vent hoses directly to the main vent hose. (With the new valve installed of course)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts