Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I just purchased a 2021 KRX 1000 and have read where the 2020 had issues with fuel tank venting. Does anybody know if that issue was resolved. Under the cover looks somewhat different they added a filter and a additional hose.
Thanks
Paul

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Where are you located? It sounds like you may have gotten the California emissions model. I haven't heard anything about Kawasaki changing the roll over valve.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't know, but when you say it has a filter and another hose, that sounds like it may be a California model.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im in Texas, Got a 50 state model. Didn't know to look or if they were making a 49 state model.
Guess since i have a valve I'll put it in.

·
Registered
239 Posts
50 state= Cali model. They dont need a vent valve change. I've heard there are no 49 state 21's, but I don't know if thats correct.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
That’s definitely a California model, as I have the same setup. I get the “vapor lock” on mine from time to time, and would love to add that new ball valve, but I don’t know if it will cause any problems with the emission system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yep. This is what I did to my 2021.

A few things.....
  • All 2021's are 50 state models from what I can find. The 49 state model was made for the 2020 model year only.
  • The 2021 models also have the fuel tank vent issue, mine did anyway. Ajb9 nailed it with the Tanks Inc solution. Works for 2020 and 2021 models.
  • Installing the Tanks Inc. solution for the fuel venting problem does not fix the fuel gauge inaccuracy issue on this machine....at least it didn't fix it for me.
  • This is an amazing machine! So glad I traded my Teryx4!

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
does california make you get smog checks on them? Cali models have been modded with the ball valve before.
Not sure if they check folks that live in Cali, but here in AZ, no.
How do you know what line to install the new valve on? There’s like 3 of them under that cover.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I just removed the stock valve and installed the new one in its place.. that was it! There's a you tube video on this

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hello all, I just purchased a 2021 KRX 1000 and have read where the 2020 had issues with fuel tank venting. Does anybody know if that issue was resolved. Under the cover looks somewhat different they added a filter and a additional hose.
Thanks
Paul
I also have a 21 model and I had to add the fuel tanks inc anti rollover valve.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Yep. This is what I did to my 2021.

A few things.....
  • All 2021's are 50 state models from what I can find. The 49 state model was made for the 2020 model year only.
  • The 2021 models also have the fuel tank vent issue, mine did anyway. Ajb9 nailed it with the Tanks Inc solution. Works for 2020 and 2021 models.
  • Installing the Tanks Inc. solution for the fuel venting problem does not fix the fuel gauge inaccuracy issue on this machine....at least it didn't fix it for me.
  • This is an amazing machine! So glad I traded my Teryx4!
I chuckle when I see folks saying that changing the valve fixed their fuel gauge inaccuracy issue. Like you, I can say for a fact that it does nothing for it, and how could it. :LOL:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I chuckle when I see folks saying that changing the valve fixed their fuel gauge inaccuracy issue. Like you, I can say for a fact that it does nothing for it, and how could it. :LOL:
Yep, mine functions the same after the valve fix. Crappy! :poop:

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Yep, mine functions the same after the valve fix. Crappy! :poop:
LOL. I've never had a machine where the fuel gauge was very accurate, (none have ever been quite this bad) so I just go by miles ridden. I also top off before every ride so that makes it easy to keep track of. I can easily go 100 miles in the KRX with nothing to worry about, and it's rare for me to get to 100 miles in a day with the trails I ride.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I’ve seen that video, but that’s for the non-California version.
You are just replacing the factory black plastic check valve with the Tanks Inc (stainless steel?) valve. Both the 2020 49 state model and the 2020, 2021 50 state models have that same factory valve, regardless of how many other hoses are there.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unfortunately that tank valve didn’t fix my random hard start problems. Installed that valve early on and only thing it fixed was the pressure in the gas tank for me

·
Registered
90 Posts
That’s definitely a California model, as I have the same setup. I get the “vapor lock” on mine from time to time, and would love to add that new ball valve, but I don’t know if it will cause any problems with the emission system.
No issues by changing out to the rollover vent. And it should be done on all models regardless of cali or not. Most times the change out will fix the fuel gauge error reading.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts