Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m curious if anybody knows anyone with a kawi that has had a front diff failure? I bought mine and it had a factory defect in the front passenger axle 100 miles it sheared at the clip in the diff. With that being said two rides later it completely exploded under the passenger side axle where what looks like the diff lock selector is? That was the first time… now it’s failed again exactly the same problem!!! That passenger side case under compression of suspension and rapid decompression letting the axle cup move is what I’m leaning towards. Also the weight of the tire. once I get, but twice is a problem…sway bar is connected but no limit straps installed, I think that would solve a lot of it. If your going to hit some tougher trails limits are a must with 35s.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you have theyre info I tried to find it last night with no luck. Just some phone numbers which I was trying today, it was pulling up all kinds of stuff. I contacted who I bought it from and they said they are going to get the process started.

Reach out to Kawasaki yourself. I did that and they replaced my clutches out of warranty. My front diff failed at one point, it was trying to constantly engage into 4WD so Kawi replaced the whole diff

·
Registered
291 Posts
do you have theyre info I tried to find it last night with no luck. Just some phone numbers which I was trying today, it was pulling up all kinds of stuff. I contacted who I bought it from and they said they are going to get the process started.

click on that link. Give them you machine serial number, give them all the info of what is happening and just tell them you are upset that you are dealing with this issue just out of warranty. Ask them if they can help you in any way.
They told me they cannot guarantee repairs, but gave me a log # to give to the dealer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You the man!!! I messaged them and called my dealer here in TN. So they will be aware of it, whether anything happens who knows but at least I tried. I mean I see guys thrash on there kawis and mine blew the bottom out of it in some ruts. Haha just my luck but it still made it 50 miles back to the truck up some pretty rough trails that thing is a trooper!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey guys I’m curious if anybody knows anyone with a kawi that has had a front diff failure? I bought mine and it had a factory defect in the front passenger axle 100 miles it sheared at the clip in the diff. With that being said two rides later it completely exploded under the passenger side axle where what looks like the diff lock selector is? That was the first time… now it’s failed again exactly the same problem!!! That passenger side case under compression of suspension and rapid decompression letting the axle cup move is what I’m leaning towards. Also the weight of the tire. once I get, but twice is a problem…sway bar is connected but no limit straps installed, I think that would solve a lot of it. If your going to hit some tougher trails limits are a must with 35s.
I'm on my third front diff. Blew by the actuator. I

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm also on my third also by actuator. Now it's at dealer with clicking noise in front diff. Completely disappointed and embarrassed that my friends razor and talons have no issues with theirs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts