Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys anyone know if anything else can be done on my 2020 krx 1000 I have 769 miles on it and only run county roads with it so far and I am on my fourth set of clutch ramps my dealer has told Kawasaki that my primary clutch rollers are failing causing the issues my machine is out of warranty and I even tried the Dalton clutch kit with the same chattering on those ramps as the stock ramps had. I'm at the end of my rope here with Kawasaki they won't help with clutch replacement they only wanna keep replacing the ramps I know I'm out of warranty but this is just rediculose a $20,000 dollar machine and it's been down more than it's been driven any help to point me in the right direction other than just getting fed up and selling my machine would be great .

·
Registered
2014 T2 SE, 2021 KRX 1000 TE
121 Posts
There are clutch kits from JBS and RCOR that may help. There may be another issue at play here that I have yet to see discussed. That has to do with the type of riding that is done. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the majority of the wear is in a small area of the ramps. You mention that you ride it only on county roads, which leads me to the assumption that it is mostly steady state, constant speed riding. If that is the case, the clutch is going to remain engaged on a small area of the ramps. Even though the speed may remain mostly constant, there will still be some small movement up and down the ramp area causing that type of wear that I am guessing you have. If that is the case, better clutch kits will minimize the problem, but not totally eliminate it. The thing that might help the most is to vary your speed and RPM more. If you need or want to run a constant speed, then it might be a good idea to have some different primary springs and rotate them occasionally to vary the RPM at the speed you wish to run. This will spread the wear over a larger area of the ramps and sheaves and should help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are clutch kits from JBS and RCOR that may help. There may be another issue at play here that I have yet to see discussed. That has to do with the type of riding that is done. I am going to go out on a limb and guess that the majority of the wear is in a small area of the ramps. You mention that you ride it only on county roads, which leads me to the assumption that it is mostly steady state, constant speed riding. If that is the case, the clutch is going to remain engaged on a small area of the ramps. Even though the speed may remain mostly constant, there will still be some small movement up and down the ramp area causing that type of wear that I am guessing you have. If that is the case, better clutch kits will minimize the problem, but not totally eliminate it. The thing that might help the most is to vary your speed and RPM more. If you need or want to run a constant speed, then it might be a good idea to have some different primary springs and rotate them occasionally to vary the RPM at the speed you wish to run. This will spread the wear over a larger area of the ramps and sheaves and should help.
You may have a good point about the constant speed it's possible I truly believe the roller bushings are trash they have a lot more movement than I like to see on the sled clutches that I've worked on seems to me others are having the same issues I'm having but Kawasaki don't want to fix the problem correctly the correct way in my opinion would be new pins and rollers as well as ramps they all need to be redesigned who chrome plates a clutch ramp thinking it's going to last as far as clutch kits I am aware of them in my post I talked about the Dalton kit and the results being the same as the stock that's what leads me to think the rollers are shot not saying in anyway that maybe varying the speeds more won't help but at this point the condition my rollers are in I believe they will just keep chewing up ramps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts