Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forbes published their review of the KRX and they have nothing but good things to say about it.

Here's how they opened the article:

I’m starting to believe the side-by-side should be the hottest recreational vehicle on the planet. It’s impossible for me to imagine a person who wouldn’t enjoy driving one, or at least riding as a passenger in one. I’m sure they exist – and I respect their right to enjoy or not enjoy anything that doesn’t harm others. But they’re missing out. And I’m not sure I want to know them.

This is how they described the driving experience:

I drove to Logan, West Virginia to meet up with Kawasaki for a day’s riding along the Hatfield-McCoy Trails. The Hatfield-McCoy Trails are run by the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority, which was set up in 2000 to help create an interconnected network of off-road trails in various economically challenged parts of the state. Coal mining and logging interests have left whole areas of West Virginia undeveloped and unused. Many of these areas are mountainous and hilly, and have existing tracks and trails. The Authority cleverly contracts with the land owners to lease the fallow land to open it up for public use, developing trail heads and taking over trail marking, maintenance and administration. Since there’s little profit in continuing to mine or log in these areas, the owners are happy to participate and get some passive income out of their holdings. The Authority takes on all of the liability and responsibility, and the communities that are near the trailheads benefit from a big increase in tourism. The system stretches across six of the nine counties in West Virginia, and has over 600 miles of trails. Trail riding is open to anyone over the age of 6. An annual permit costs $50.00 for out-of-state riders; $26.50 for West Virginia residents.

On a rainy, muddy day, I rode with a group near the Rockhouse trailhead between the towns of Gilbert and Man. We went over and around hills, through forests and along trails that I never could have experienced on any other form of transportation, covering over 60 miles in one day. The speeds were low, but the adrenaline was high, as the KRX 1000 navigated obstacles, switchbacks, climbs and descents with ease, swallowing up bumps and dips with its long-travel suspension. I tend to enjoy technical driving more than pure speed – KRX 1000 can deliver both. When conditions are right, you can really zoom along, with all that torque on tap feeding through the CVT quite precisely, with no discernable lag. When you find yourself in tight quarters, the power is easily controllable, and you can tiptoe over those boulders. It really feels like the 2020 Kawasaki Teryx KRX 1000 Sport can go anywhere.

Which brings me back to my original point – how could anybody not like a vehicle this capable and fun?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts