Kawasaki KRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished up my second real ride in the KRX and thought I would share my opinion.

First let me say this thing is a tank. He goes anywhere I point him, without hesitation.

Coming from a RZR 800 that I way exceeded the capabilities of I can truly say Kawi knocked it out of the park with this machine.

Today and last weeks ride took us through over 1400’ of elevation changes. Up and down the mountain, several moderately deep mud pits, riverbeds, big rocks, etc., etc., etc..

A few things truly stand out in my mind.
Comfort- the seats are very comfortable and welk bolstered. Sure they don’t recline much but most of the time I find myself leaning forward watching the front wheel anyway.
Visibility-you can actually see the front wheel while riding. Very helpful when picking a line.
Room-plenty of space in the cab for full sized adults without feeling cramped.
Power Steering-this is one area where the KRX truly shines. Plenty of assist in tight, slow, technical sections without being too much at faster speeds.
Suspension-I have not changed mine from factory settings. I think it’s perfect already. It’s just the right mixture of firmness without beating you to death on bumpy sections.
Power-plenty enough to shoot a major rooster tail or catch a little air on that up-coming whoop.
Transmission-high gear seems broad enough for all but the steepest climbs and descents. A true low gear that will crawl straight down, no brakes needed=winning. I haven’t even touched low power or diff lock yet.

Complaints?
I wish the crossover rings didn’t knock and bang over bumps but it’s four-wheeling. Not a cadillac ride on the highway.
Dustiest utv ever.

Overall I’m super happy I bought this over another RZR. Riding in groups almost feels like cheating as everything is easy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just finished up my second real ride in the KRX and thought I would share my opinion.

First let me say this thing is a tank. He goes anywhere I point him, without hesitation.

Coming from a RZR 800 that I way exceeded the capabilities of I can truly say Kawi knocked it out of the park with this machine.

Today and last weeks ride took us through over 1400’ of elevation changes. Up and down the mountain, several moderately deep mud pits, riverbeds, big rocks, etc., etc., etc..

A few things truly stand out in my mind.
Comfort- the seats are very comfortable and welk bolstered. Sure they don’t recline much but most of the time I find myself leaning forward watching the front wheel anyway.
Visibility-you can actually see the front wheel while riding. Very helpful when picking a line.
Room-plenty of space in the cab for full sized adults without feeling cramped.
Power Steering-this is one area where the KRX truly shines. Plenty of assist in tight, slow, technical sections without being too much at faster speeds.
Suspension-I have not changed mine from factory settings. I think it’s perfect already. It’s just the right mixture of firmness without beating you to death on bumpy sections.
Power-plenty enough to shoot a major rooster tail or catch a little air on that up-coming whoop.
Transmission-high gear seems broad enough for all but the steepest climbs and descents. A true low gear that will crawl straight down, no brakes needed=winning. I haven’t even touched low power or diff lock yet.

Complaints?
I wish the crossover rings didn’t knock and bang over bumps but it’s four-wheeling. Not a cadillac ride on the highway.
Dustiest utv ever.

Overall I’m super happy I bought this over another RZR. Riding in groups almost feels like cheating as everything is easy.
If you don't have a rear window, suggest you get one. I got one from Super ATV. After recent dusty rides, the back window was absolutely covered with dust that would have blown in the cab, otherwise. I also covered all the holes under the seats with rubber sheeting. I think that helps too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I didn't want to be wiping down ridgid plexiglass so I went with the Kawi Soft Roll up window..............which yes, helps with dust getting into the cab.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts