Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious what people are paying for the first service after break in. Dropped mine off at the dealer today and was told it’s $300.

·
Registered
893 Posts
too easy to do it yourself for an oil change to cost $300............sounds like they're just charging you $125 shop labor rate. I now run full synthetic(s)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Wow that’s steep ! I changed all the fluids myself for around $100 bucks, I used Mobile one full synthetic.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Any GL-5 gear oil . I run Mobil 1 GL-5 full synthetic, you can pick it up at any parts store.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought all the needed parts and fluids for the first service at my local auto parts store. Its an hour job for a non-mechanic. Way cheaper than having a dealer do it.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,113 Posts
I didn’t. $400 no thanks.
I just had mine done at the dealer. $260 bucks out the door. I will do all my own going forward, but while its still under factory warranty, I didn't want to give Kawasaki any room to complain if something went wrong.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,117 Posts
I just had mine done at the dealer. $260 bucks out the door. I will do all my own going forward, but while its still under factory warranty, I didn't want to give Kawasaki any room to complain if something went wrong.
Good reason. first service is pretty easy. Not much room for error.

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you don't use Kawasaki oil it should have Jaso MA and not the energy conserving insignia on the bottle to be wet clutch compatible.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts