Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our first time there and I was pretty impressed , Maintained trails and very nice employee's there , Maps and well placed trail markers with difficulty levels on them , I didn't do the black diamonds as this really was the first time my wife went along and we were alone but what we did ride was worth the hour trip for us and we bought the year pass on our way out , May be tame for some as they said no winch needed but it was a good day with no worry of damage , Plenty of get out of some ones way if needed , and good spots to pull off and eat a lunch and enjoy the view , The view from the firetower was awesome (no pics forgot the camera and wasn't climbing it again - LOL ) My KRX is 72" wide with the max wide mudbuster flares and I never touched a tree.

·
Registered
2021 KRX Blue
733 Posts
Sweet! Looks like a great time. Great pictures! Those flares look very functional.

I haven't been to that park, the closest similar one to me is Carolina Adventure World. On the one hand its easy to complain about the managed trails. On the other side of the discussion is how nice the managed trails are. Sometimes your group (and I realize you were solo) has people in different equipment and with different driver skill levels. So where I used to poo-poo the managed trails now I'm fine with them. I just like to ride. And I'm fine with bringing up the rear. That way I can see where everyone else went through so I don't get stuck. :)

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes Paul the flares really worked out , I figured I could order the widest ones and try them out as is and shave or modify as needed , Of the few places I've been so far (40 miles on it lol) I haven't had a width issue as far as ripping them off , As you said above... Now that I'm a little older I don't mind the well taken care of trails , I find myself now enjoying the scenery moreso than in my just hammer it younger years and missing what's all around you (our beautiful country) , Funny how in my younger years when I really couldn't afford it I beat the machine to no end but now I really don't even want to get it dirty , Age ? Wisdom ? or ? guess it happens to all at one point but I and the wife are enjoying it and that's what really matters , Safe riding everyone and Happy New Year !!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
I have the Super Max MudBusters, you have the Ultra Max. I wondered if I should have gone for the extra inches (that's what she said) but happy with my choice. Seems both of us get some mud tossed from beneath the flares. To be honest, I wish they had the fronts hang down just a bit more like they MudBusters did on my xp 1000. They acted more like mud flaps and folded over when climbing rocks. Not sure why they went so "shallow" with the bottom cut. Regardless, they do the job. I love them. Went out with friends with another KRX and they'll probably be researching fender extensions after this rainy weekend ride.

Picture was earlier on and we got covered worse as the day progressed. Picture still depicts spray pattern.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Actually I guess I'm wrong. In that picture the mud was from the ride before I put on the fender flares. Still, the pattern is similar and I didn't get after pics and washed her up pretty yesterday.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yah Bizill another member seen my pics and said he put rubber type flaps at the bottom of these , I like the flares as they kept the mud out of the cabin but I do believe I am going to make some sort of small 4-5" extensions on the bottom of the front and all will be good or at the very least better , I do have a question though , I see the small flaps on your trailing arms , what do they do ?

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh and I went with the ultra max due to the offset of my wheels and the 35's , ended up being perfect , I figured if they were too wide I could shave them to my liking whereas on the other hand you cant stretch plastic lol...

·
Registered
276 Posts
Yah Bizill another member seen my pics and said he put rubber type flaps at the bottom of these , I like the flares as they kept the mud out of the cabin but I do believe I am going to make some sort of small 4-5" extensions on the bottom of the front and all will be good or at the very least better , I do have a question though , I see the small flaps on your trailing arms , what do they do ?
Those are Rock Knockers. Before I got the MudBusters on my maiden voyage taking things slow I still got some pitting in the trailing arms from light pebble strikes from rocks being kicked up even at slower speeds. On my RZR I had terrible pitting and had major scoring inside the rear rims from kicked up rocks from the front wheels. I don't even roost, but stuff always gets kicked up desert riding.

First on my agenda was to get Rock Knockers or Rokbloks trailing arm protectors. The Rock Knockers are far superior in protection and they'll last forever. Even the MudBusters don't come down far enough in the front as we're discussing so the Rock Knockers are a must have.

I too will probably add extensions to the front guards. Shame that we need to. I wish they came down lower. Que sera, sera.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome , Looks like something else I'll be adding to the order list , appreciate the info Sir.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You'll find many people
Awesome , Looks like something else I'll be adding to the order list , appreciate the info Sir.
For sure. Really though, the trailing arms seem to funnel in the rocks right into the rim. Many people remove the mud scrapers in the KRX inside the rear rims so rocks don't catch and gouge the crap out of them, as I stated happened in my RZR. Mud riders often leave them in place. I'll be leaving mine on probably now that I have the Rock Knockers to block front tire crap that gets kicked up.

Get them from Lunatic. They drop ship as most companies do. Ashley Clark is the manager there. Good people to order from online. Tell 'em Bill Gates sent ya. It won't help you any, though. That's me. They had the best deal when I was searching.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just found them at pro-utv for $180.00 shipped so ordered them up , Ordered the Pv3 tuner from them last week also , Now if I could just make up my mind on the exhaust....

Reactions: Bizill

·
Registered
276 Posts
Not sure if the Rock Knockers are compatible with Kawasaki trailing arm guards nor Trail Armor trailing arm guards but I'd alter it to make them work or alter the Kawi's or Trail Armors. People talk crap that it looks like $20 cheap hillbilly diy mud flaps but I think they look GOOD and I think they work even BETTER.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Scraped the crap out of my platic skid plate section on New Year's day and the driver trailing arm as well. Pissed because I don't yet have my 1/2" Trail Armor skid plates yet. The Rock Knockers just fold right over whereas the Rokbloks would have been scratched up good 'n proper, if not completely ripped off.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
functionality over looks for me , to each his own , I have the trail armor 1/2" uhmv skids under my trailing arms to slide over stuff so I don't believe I'll have a fitment issue.

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
trail armor full skids next

·
Registered
276 Posts
functionality over looks for me , to each his own , I have the trail armor 1/2" uhmv skids under my trailing arms to slide over stuff so I don't believe I'll have a fitment issue.
I simply don't know if the Trail Armor trailing arm mounting bolt will interfere with the Rock Knockers. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it or perhaps you'll inform me first. Gotta save up for Trail Armor. $1228...

·
Registered
2021 KRX 1000 Blue
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sent you a dm

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have rocknockers brand and have not installed them due to oem trailing arm sliders/guards. I thought of using a piece of angle stock and mount right to the guard plastic and some conveyor belt. Might sale the rocknockers.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Make it strong whatever you do. Like I said, I slammed HARD on new year's and the Rock Knocker set up didn't flinch. Mounting best be robust to handle the robust mud flap conveyor material. Otherwise sayonara sucka. It'll be left on the trail.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts