Kawasaki KRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
Always fun to see what everyone thinks dealers will release every year. Sometime it's good stuff, sometimes it's Bold New Graphics. LOL Hoping to see a 4 seat KRX. I think Kawasaki is really missing the bus by not having one yet. Going to be a lot of sad 4 seat RZR owners if they do... Guess we will all see in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Waiting to see what they release before I pull the trigger! Hopefully it’s boosted and hopefully it’s not too long before they ship if so!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
If they release a super charged model, that will put a lot of used KRX's on the market. Anyone looking to buy one might want to wait a month or so and find a hell of a deal on a used ride.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
I wouldn’t hold my breath on a supercharged or turbo model. Kawasaki has always relied on the aftermarket world for that stuff. I think this was the first year they actually offered a supercharged Ninja, and even then it was a limited production and you had to reserve one.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
I wouldn’t hold my breath on a supercharged or turbo model. Kawasaki has always relied on the aftermarket world for that stuff. I think this was the first year they actually offered a supercharged Ninja, and even then it was a limited production and you had to reserve one.
Myself, I don't care. Super charged/turbo charged is pretty much useless here in Colorado, at least for the trails I ride. My KRX has taken me up over 13,000' with no problem, and no way I could have possibly ridden there any faster. I would not spend the money for one.

·
Registered
2020 KRX
243 Posts
I'm happy with the KRX as it is but I would most likely upgrade if that ever becomes a reality. I would like to go to Glamis occasionally and more power is key out there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm happy with the KRX as it is but I would most likely upgrade if that ever becomes a reality. I would like to go to Glamis occasionally and more power is key out there.
This announcement is also all about Glamis with me too.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
I have never ridden dunes, and it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it would be great fun for a few hours but I think I would get bored with it. I like varying, challenging terrain and I just don't see that with sand dunes. I happy about that, otherwise I would have to have a machine for that as well.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
I have never ridden dunes, and it just doesn't appeal to me. I'm sure it would be great fun for a few hours but I think I would get bored with it. I like varying, challenging terrain and I just don't see that with sand dunes. I happy about that, otherwise I would have to have a machine for that as well.....:rolleyes:
I agree. It would be fun for a little while, but I know it would start to bore me real quick.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,125 Posts
A supercharged or turbo model would piss off a lot of KRX owners right now. A 4 door would be awesome though.

·
Premium Member
2020 KRX
1,116 Posts
A supercharged or turbo model would piss off a lot of KRX owners right now. A 4 door would be awesome though.
I don’t know if it would. I know I didn’t buy mine based off of purely power. It does exactly what I need it to do, and then some. A couple of more tweaks to the clutch and maybe a flash, and I’ll be content.

Now a 4 seater would be cool, but I think that would change the whole “feel” of the machine. Kawi will most likely keep the 4 seater to the Teryx. But who knows, been wrong before, I’m sure it wasn’t the last.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Green KRX
1,125 Posts
I don’t know if it would. I know I didn’t buy mine based off of purely power. It does exactly what I need it to do, and then some. A couple of more tweaks to the clutch and maybe a flash, and I’ll be content.

Now a 4 seater would be cool, but I think that would change the whole “feel” of the machine. Kawi will most likely keep the 4 seater to the Teryx. But who knows, been wrong before, I’m sure it wasn’t the last.
When people ask me what it feels like compared to other brands, I think it’s a greatly balanced machine in regards to power, comfort and handling. You get a little bit of everything and it’s just right. I agree with you it’s plenty fast.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
My buddy I ride with has one of those land yachts, the underside of his machine looks like it was stuck in a meteor shower. Stuff I crawl right over with ease, has him dragging boulders like he works for Parker Schnabel.
And you almost need Parker's job to afford one...

·
Super Moderator
2020 Kawasaki KRX
1,234 Posts
When people ask me what it feels like compared to other brands, I think it’s a greatly balanced machine in regards to power, comfort and handling. You get a little bit of everything and it’s just right. I agree with you it’s plenty fast.
I agree. It just doesn't have the instant burst of power when you first hit the throttle and when rock crawling, that's a good thing. Watched a bunch of Moab videos and in the technical stuff, the RZR's are jerky as all get out when trying to ease up and over rocks. Most folks just don't have the throttle control to be smooth with them the way the clutch engages. I love how the KRX engages, or stay's engaged, for easing through the tough stuff.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts